PVST Offline processing mode

IXix

PVST Offline processing mode

Post by IXix »

Sorry if this is explained elsewhere but does PVST offline processing mode kick in automatically when the hard disk recorder is rendering?
polac

Re: PVST Offline processing mode

Post by polac »

No it doesn't switch to offline processing, but you can set explicitly to offline rendering in the loader preferences. Don't know if one gets notified that harddisk recorder is active.
IXix

Post by IXix »

polac wrote:No it doesn't switch to offline processing, but you can set explicitly to offline rendering in the loader preferences. Don't know if one gets notified that harddisk recorder is active.
That's a shame but I thought that might be the case. Just have to remember to turn it on manually then. :)
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Slightly off-topic, but I'm curious... what does this mode do to typical VST plugins?
Disable UI updates? Switch to "high quality" mode?
I might have forgotten something in my few VST plugins.
polac

Post by polac »

Theoretically better quality mode I would guess. But I doubt that most plugins do that, they will do the same in both modes.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Joachip wrote:Switch to "high quality" mode?
Yeah, that, if the dev implemented it. I have one that has separate oversampling settings for online and offline, which is why I was curious as to whether PVST would know that a render was happening.