How to jump to pattern xy ?

HerrFornit

How to jump to pattern xy ?

Post by HerrFornit »

Hi,

I always wondered how it can be realized in BUZZ to jump to any pattern of the sequence.

Let's say, jump from the the end of the last pattern to beginning of the 2nd pattern - and loop again. :)

Thank you for reply.
Last edited by HerrFornit on Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
magmavander

Re: How to jump to pattern xy

Post by magmavander »

http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/machineinfo.php?id=7490

"Generator / song position tool / no output: LiveJumpHACK lets you jump to any song position assigned to specific keys on your MIDI or computer keyboard. Similiar in function, but not identical to, performance tools like Ableton Live."

Check this too :

http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/search.php?q=P.Doom

Zwar Live :
http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/machineinfo.php?id=8137

Maybe also Zwar zerhacker :
http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/machineinfo.php?id=8145

or Jeskola Live provided with Buzz (very cool machine).
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Hey thanx! :dance:

the 2ndLoopJumpHack did the job: programmed jump position.

Greetings

EDIT:
not really stable, though. ;) crashes now and then.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

I think you can use subpatterns to do this, although I've never had occasion to learn to use them and am only now beginning to experiment.

"Subpatterns (allow you to trigger other patterns of the same machine)
Subpattern effect 01 Play mode (00 = normal, 01 = loop, 02 = reverse, 03 = reverse loop)
Subpattern effect 02 Offset in rows
Subpattern effect 11/12 Diatonic transpose up/down (first digit = key (0=C, 1=C#, ...), second digit = amount) "

I believe the subpattern operations are triggered under the patternXP track properties in pattern view.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Hi onecicles,

thanx for this hint. :)
For me the sub patterns are still a miracle, too.

Perhaps one of the Buzz-experts know.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Yeah you can do this with subpatterns. You just put in the pattern you want it to play. There are additional subpattern effects like diatonic transposition and reverse playing that you can also invoke. You can invoke a pattern as a one-shot or as a loop. Make some music on pattern one, make a new pattern, enable the subpatterns on it and put in the pattern you want it to play(01) and voila!

What I do now is have a large set of pre-set-up patterns for my midi recording and then at the end of the set I have some patterns that are set up for subpattern triggers. This allows me to record live, and then do diatonic transpositions on that or whatever with little work.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

:D
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

HerrFornit wrote:Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
here we go..

ok. I can repeat a pattern now. s below, starting at the position of the trigger. but ..

What I wanna do is to miss the first pattern in play mode, so an endless loop is running, without the first beat.

In the example: play song beginning with pattern 0, at the end of pattern 2 go to the beginning of pattern 1, at the end of pattern 2 go to the beginning of pattern 1 .. and so on.
If that is possible a little screenshot would be very nice!
Thank you!
Subpattern.jpg
Subpattern.jpg (86.82 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

I think I understand what you mean. I would do this by just using the keyboard to do a ctrl-b after pattern 1 while the song is running and considering that as part of what I need to do during the live performance of this song.

You could also edit the song while it's running so that pattern 0 plays the first time and then you over write it with pattern 1.

You could also use subpattern effect 02 to offset past the part of the pattern that you don't want to repeat.

You could also set up a song that has an intro pattern and then a long set of subpattern triggers. Then you could edit the patterns the subpatterns are triggering and those changes would go into your loop.

Sorry for no screenshot, my daw computer is offline so it's difficult.

There's that jeskola live plugin too. Maybe look at that. It's oriented around mixing patterns as loops without the sequencer.

I think the best way of doing this with the sequencer is just to move the start and end points of your loops while the song is running. You can do some crazy and interesting stuff this way.

The sequencer is very good for creating complex song structure. If you want things to be more loop based, maybe jeskola live will work for you. I'm not that experienced with it though.