IX Magic 1.16d - October 30th, 2023

IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated Jan 13th 2019

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote:
try deleting the Peer LFO preset files (make a backup).
:dance: no more errormessages with Peer LFOthank you Ixix
And again thank you for your IX Magic ...
You're welcome! :D
IXix

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote:If I Play tingas track day 1 365 it runs fine. But when I open the GUI of IX Magic I suddenly have a load of 99 percent on my NVIDIA Graphics Card and Buzz doesn't recognize anything, I Just have to Close the process that's Strange ...
Yes, there's a problem there. Not sure what yet but it's repeatable so it should be fixable. Probably a window message not being handled properly and causing an infinite loop, as I've previously fixed several similar problems.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

[quote]Yes, there's a problem there. Not sure what yet but it's repeatable so it should be fixable.[ /quote]

Just a Thing I recognize: if I Click on the Window with the "Pages" in IXMagic, before I Start the Peer LFO in the Version with Peer LFO Off in the beginning everything runs fine no gpu overdose no hanging Buzz. Hope it helps to find the Little failure ...

Ooops, seems the trick does not work everytime ....

So I tried several Times the following, opened the Pages Window, Chose Page Eleven, Chose Page one again. Started Peer LFO and the track and gpu run fine and normal.
tinga

Post by tinga »

thOke wrote:Hard to know if something is a feature, a user error or actually a bug yet! :D
Yes, and a file in my last post is buggy, a bad understanding of a param, and causes Magic freeze. :oops:
This on is correct
day1_365_B.7z
(6.27 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Sorry tinga, this Version caused the same problem as the others before ... .
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated Jan 18th 2019

Post by IXix »

Okay, I've fixed the problem (or at least I've fixed a problem). New build in the first post.

Thanks @tinga and @Buzztler for finding the bug and helping to track it down! :dance:
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Aaaargh, I wish I would not be the guy to tell you something goes wrong again...
Look at my comment Further Down, everything seemed to be workung alright with tingas track, I could open the Magic Windows without a problem. GPU very, very Low, but then I Clicked in the GUI on the + at Wood one and the same problem as before GPU runs at 99 percent

This happens only with the old Version of tingas track the last one he posted runs fine ....

:dance: Hooray tingas track and IXmagic run fine now on my machine.

I'm really curious what tinga finds out next ... :mrgreen:

For me your machine is a real "hot potatoe" and tinga is the guy who strikes while the Iron is hot ...
tinga

Post by tinga »

Yes, cool update, fixes some bugs.
Magic is a fast machine, funny to use, and versatile. I am posting 2 files, one for irregular loop test, and the other for a turn page and end.
In the second one, when I load the file, (after I turned on the LFO), the second page doesn't play , but if I select the first page manually in the menu, everything works fine.
pages.7z
(6.92 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

I have no time whatsoever right now to try it myself but I am sooooo curious, Could someone please upload a video of what it is you're doing?
Pleeeaase!
IXix

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote:I Clicked in the GUI on the + at Wood one and the same problem as before GPU runs at 99 percent

This happens only with the old Version of tingas track the last one he posted runs fine ....
I can't reproduce that. All tinga's files work properly here. :?:

I found and fixed the Page change problem. Turns out that after loading, Sequences on inactive Pages were listening for notes and silently advancing their Steps. Selecting a Page manually put it right.

New build in the first post. STOP FINDING BUGS!!!! :lol:
tinga

Re: IX Magic - Updated Jan 19th 2019

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote:STOP FINDING BUGS!!!! :lol:
You're lucky, because the 1.09b reduces my list to zero, ok, I download the 1.09c, and there are so many things to discover, you should be quite for a time 8-)
Candle

Post by Candle »

Hi all, it's been a long time. Been musically hibernating for almost a year. IX's Magic has snapped me out of my stupor. I'm excited to experiment with this new marvel. Another huge step for Buzz, I think. I just DL'd the latest version & will try to play around with it tonight (after I've digested the manual). Thanks to IX for all the hard work & thanks to everyone else who has already tested this new machine for giving the rest of us some ideas as to how it can be used.

I'l be back soon to report my findings. :dance:

See You In The Shadows…

p.s. No surprise that tinga would be the one to use more than 256 pages :D
IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote:Hi all, it's been a long time. Been musically hibernating for almost a year. IX's Magic has snapped me out of my stupor.
Welcome back! I think you'll have plenty of fun making Magic control Patchbay. ;)

@everyone Feel free to suggest any improvements you might like to see or point out any stumbling blocks. I've already got a couple of things that are bugging me enough to want to improve them.
Candle

Post by Candle »

I'm in the midst of digesting your manual. Will have to report back once it has sunk in & I start playing around with Magic.

See You In The Shadows…
Candle

Post by Candle »

I was playing around with Magic on my lunch today at work & was able to coax some sound out of it (controlling a Qsamo synth). Took me a bit to figure out how to control multiple machines (added a CafeBassII) but was able to get that working. So I think I've figured out the basics. Now it's time to experiment further. Will update ou with my findings as I find them. Loving the Machine so far, IX 8-) 8-) 8-)

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote:Loving the Machine so far, IX 8-) 8-) 8-)
Music to my ears. I personally keep finding things that need to change! :lol:

I need to clone myself so I can get all the things done. :roll:
Candle

Post by Candle »

IXix wrote:I need to clone myself so I can get all the things done. :roll:
I know what you mean :lol:

See You In The Shadows…
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

OK, now that I have finished those other things, I can now start learning this amazing tool.

Was just playing around with the demo pattern using my midi keyboard, It's very cool and fascinating to just play those two notes and have that bass line and chords coming out. I'm really excited to learn and incorporate this. I'll keep you posted.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Ok, having fun making something.

First feature request:

"buzz keys mode" for note sequence data: Rather than entering the actual note names, using the buzz keys for note names as used in pattern view. I have my midi keyboard set to translate midi notes on channel 1 into the buzz keys, and I don't want to have to create another template and switch when I'm entering data into Magic. 8-)
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Ok, I made my first thing. It accepts midi note A2 and generates Chord swells in tonality with lots of 9 11 13th extensions using M4wII. Sounds very nice and just sitting and playing one key has never been so fun.

This is one thing that has been missing from buzz. This element of stochasticism. Things are fairly deterministic in buzz, which seems to restrict the possibilities for certain kinds of experimental music. This tool fills that gap generously. I'm just scratching the surface. Wow.

https://mega.nz/#!8UJQwaTL!tWXlkmZkRQJz ... 2RUUNO57H4