IX Magic 1.16d - October 30th, 2023

Buzztler

Re: IX Magic - Updated Jan 13th 2019

Post by Buzztler »

@ tinga: I am slightly surprised that you use outdated machines. For example you use an old version of peer LFO and BTDsys peer Ctrl? I could not start two of your tracks, I had to rename the machines and replace the older versions, strange for a pro Buzzer like you?! Or is there a reason why you keep the old ones?

Furthermore the File Giant steps crashes my Buzz on all my machines immediately, so there is no chance to have a look where the problem belongs to, in this case.

Finally I still have errormessages flying around with the old crappy Snow Globe machines, I asked him for support, but he only says he cannot say why this errormessages appear and what I miss and furthermore he has no time to change his machines ... . A bit annoying so ... .

I think I'll stay on simple Rock 'n' Roll and leave the extraordinary tracks to other Buzz-artists (what about some mp3 or ogg-files on buzztunes, so that someone can check if your files run correctly in his own Buzz?

Thank you in advance ...
tinga

Post by tinga »

Buzztler wrote:I am slightly surprised that you use outdated machines. For example you use an old version of peer LFO and BTDsys peer Ctrl? I could not start two of your tracks, I had to rename the machines and replace the older versions, strange for a pro Buzzer like you?! Or is there a reason why you keep the old ones?
I use the last version of PeerLFO, 1.3d (43 008 octets), is there a 1.3e?, but in my gear folder the name is just "BTDSys Peer LFO.dll", for peer ctrl I use 1.6, did I miss a more recent version?
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Yes Of course, and I'm stupid because I did this in another file (but without really knowing why), sorry, its a new machine :oops:
No need to apologise. I've fallen for a similar issue in the past and wasted time trying to find a bug that wasn't there. :lol:
There could be a problem with Accumulator, or if not a problem perhaps scope for an improvement. I'll have to look into what happens when a target tracks is shared by multiple accumulator tracks.
tinga wrote: I have to use more than 256 pages, if not I'm just a pain in the neck.
No pain at all! You found a bug, which is very helpful, so thank you! I use Pages to load different settings for each song of a live set (in theory at least, the live set is slow to materialise) and it didn't occur to me that anyone would use them in any other way. I thought I might need a dozen or so at most! :lol:

I have the same problem as Buzztler with the Giant Steps bmx. It just crashes straight away. I can't tell which machine is causing it but I know it's not Magic.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:I use the last version of PeerLFO, 1.3d (43 008 octets), is there a 1.3e?, but in my gear folder the name is just "BTDSys Peer LFO.dll", for peer ctrl I use 1.6, did I miss a more recent version?
Those are the latest versions.

edit: There was a different build of PeerCtrl in 2014 but there was no change to the actual machine or version number, just built with different compiler options to solve a dialog related crash on some systems.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

OK I learned a lot. Sorry tinga, you were right with the versions BUT I downloaded the latest Peer control and I get a side by side errormessage. If I use the Peer control Version before 1.6 the track loads without errors, but I DON'T GET SOUND.

I run the Files on a Buzz 32 bit Installation on 64 bit Win 7 Pro. Why do I get the Message side by side configuration is not possible? On the track Magic snow ...?

Rondo runs fine now with your hint it is even nicer.

Also the two testfiles work ...

Just "Giant Step" crashes and the side by side errormessage in Magic snow with the latest LFO.

So any help and ideas are much appreciated. Ifound Out the side by side errormessage comes also up if I simply Drop the latest Peer control into Buzz is it a 64 bit Version, where Can I get the correct x86?

Thx in advance for any help to get it working ...
IXix

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote:OK I learned a lot. Sorry tinga, you were right with the versions BUT I downloaded the latest Peer control and I get a side by side errormessage. If I use the Peer control Version before 1.6 the track loads without errors, but I DON'T GET SOUND.
Maybe try this one...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7b64jlo8ljao ... 8.zip?dl=0

If that doesn't fix it, what error messages do you get?

edit: Sorry, I didn't read properly. "Side by side config".

edit edit: Looking into the side by side configuration message, looks like you may be missing a required Microsoft redist package.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Looking into the side by side configuration message, looks like you may be missing a required Microsoft redist package.
@ IXix: Well thank you for your professional help. I had a look at the in german "Ereignisanzeige", which should be something like Eventmonitor in english. There a Microsoft.VC80.MFC was mentioned. I searched the web and find I missed vcrredist2005 by Microsoft. I installed from an very old download and now it works fine.

@ tinga: well here we go with fine Magic snow ... snowglobes machines work, I simply cannot use the GUI ... perhaps I should have a look at the "Eventmonitor" again, but now I'll get a cap of sleep.
Can we alltogether fix the crash of "Giant Steps" too???

Thank you both again and goodnight for today ...

edit: I had a look at the Eventmonitor again. It said something with .NET in connection to Buzz, so I installed .NET 4.5.2 with the offline installer 'cause it works on Win 7 SP1 and oh wonder, oh wonder all Snowglobe machines exept Core and Parambulator seem to work without any error. Why the heck didn't Snowglobe know it? Anyway thanks to you Ixix for the new machine and Snowglobe for the older ones, perhaps I have to install .NET 4.7.2 to get parambulator to work, any ideas? So really now that's all for tonight ...
tinga

Post by tinga »

Buzztler wrote:Can we alltogether fix the crash of "Giant Steps" too???
Maybe, I try with a new zip with the 2 last machines disconnected from the master, another one with lfo off (no autoplay), autoplay could causes the trouble but "Chorpse" or "Enceladus" also. Hope you will find something.
Disconnected.7z
(10.8 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

@ tinga: s :cry: so sorry all Files Crash my Buzz immediately.
The Eventmonitor mentioned some .NET 4.0 (!) Problems and some cpu x86 related Problems.
I Cannot install dotnet 4.7.2 to try if it solves the problem, 'cause The Computer is really offline and the MS certificate Cannot be found!
So it does not seem to be a Problem with a Buzz machine, it seems to be a Problem of Buzz and Dotnet?

What about the others?

@Ixix: I Hope we do not abuse your forum-point here. Your machine seems to be very stable, but perhaps it is also interesting for others why tingas Tracks do not run on their computers?
thOke

Post by thOke »

All the tinga magic runs fine here. (Win10 x64, Buzz x86) As always very inspirational stuff!
My guess for the crash candidate is wde notebook (a generator) in the giant steps file.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144&p=1167&hilit=wde+notebook#p1001

Try this version without wde notebook:
tinga_giantsteps1.zip
(6.28 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

@ thOke: Back at Home, First Thing I tried your File without Notebook. Buzz doesn't Crash. Hooray, BUT it doesn't do anything at all no Sound no Song?!? I See no Pattern in the Editor ...

Hey thOke you Rock!
I grabbed the Notebook with the help of your Link above and replaced the (outdated) Version I had in my Generators folder. Now tingas First original track runs fine

Fixed: edit: BUT the other track "day 1 365 " by tinga doesn't work at all there seems to be nothing in .Magic?!
Well idiots never die, I still had the old Version of IX Magic in my gear folder, I now replaced it and tingas day 1 365 runs fine that's definately some awesome stuff ...
Last edited by Buzztler on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Thanks thOke! Giant Steps plays fine now, though the notebook still throws some errors. Cool stuff tinga! :dance:
tinga

Post by tinga »

thOke wrote:My guess for the crash candidate is wde notebook (a generator) in the giant steps file.
It seems you're right, I would never suspected notebook, :o and I use it in all my bmx, i like it, its useful. Before doing anything with Magic, I played your bmx, your great buzzer experience help me more often than you think :) .
Buzztler wrote: I See no Pattern in the Editor ...
Yes because I never use it, I prefer peer machines. But for me thOke's file works.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Buzztler wrote:I simply cannot use the GUI ...
What's happen exactly, because for a long time on my computer Sclale Walker windows appeared with just the up, I had to open it myself, now I haven't this trouble, GUI opens normally, and I don't Know why, maybe a windows update, or some mysterious cosmic rays.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

@tinga: First of all I Can now use Snowglobes machine, because I Updated. .NET to Version 4.5.2

As I explained before I Cannot use Snowglobes core and parambulator. It seems .NET 4.7.2 is needed in this case, I explained above, why I Cannot install it.

edit: 17.01.2019 ok found Out Snowglobes core isn' t a machine, Just the base for the other machines. I got the latest Version of parambulator and now this machine also works, don't know if it really needs .NET 4.7.2, but I also Installed it before ...

@Ixix: But meanwhile I have another problem If I Play tingas track day 1 365 it runs fine. But when I open the GUI of IX Magic I suddenly have a load of 99 percent on my NVIDIA Graphics Card and Buzz doesn't recognize anything, I Just have to Close the process that's Strange ...

Well, furthermore I get an Object not Set to an instance of an Object with the latest Peer LFO. It disappears when I Close the errormessage and when I delete the instance of Peer LFO, if I then Drop another instance on the machine view everything works fine ... that's All a bit strange ...
Last edited by Buzztler on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote:If I Play tingas track day 1 365 it runs fine. But when I open the GUI of IX Magic I suddenly have a load of 99 percent on my NVIDIA Graphics Card and Buzz doesn't recognize anything, I Just have to Close the process that's Strange ...
Uuurgh, I wish you hadn't said that. Which track?
IXix

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote:Well, furthermore I get an Object not Set to an instance of an Object with the latest Peer LFO. It disappears when I Close the errormessage and when I delete the instance of Peer LFO, if I then Drop another instance on the machine view everything works fine ... that's All a bit strange ...
That's a .NET error, so not actually PeerLFO or Magic. Presumably from either Snowglobe's machines or Buzz itself.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Uuurgh, I wish you hadn't said that. Which track?
The track is 1 day 365 both versions, it is in tingas Disconnected.7z package that he offered above.
That's a .NET error

How Can I fix it ?do I need .NET 4.7.2 ? Or is there another Version which I Can install definately completely offline?

Edit: Found Out DotNet 4.6 is the last Version you can install without Internet Connection, as far as I searched you can also install the other versions without Internetconnection, but that's a bit Tricky ... .NET 4.6 didn't solve the Peer LFO Problem ...

Btw the problem with Peer LFO happens also in a completely new, empty track ;)
IXix

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote:The track is 1 day 365 both versions, it is in tingas Disconnected.7z package that he offered above.
Ahh, sorry. I thought that was just the Giant Steps file with the master disconnected and I didn't open it because the Giant Steps file worked okay. I'll look for possible causes later.
Buzztler wrote:
That's a .NET error
How Can I fix it ?...
Don't know, sorry. All I can suggest is making sure .NET is up to date but obviously that's a problem for you.
Buzztler wrote:Btw the problem with Peer LFO happens also in a completely new, empty track ;)
It must be a Buzz problem then. Just a thought but check that Peer LFO isn't in the Effects folder and if it isn't, try deleting the Peer LFO preset files (make a backup). Not likely to help but it's all I can think of.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

try deleting the Peer LFO preset files (make a backup).
:dance: no more errormessages with Peer LFOthank you Ixix
And again thank you for your IX Magic ...