Re: IX Magic - Updated Apr 6th 2019

Post by IXix »

Thank tinga. I'll go bug hunting over the weekend. :geek:
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated May 26th 2019

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote:2019.05.26 - ]IX Magic 1.09f- x86
+ Fixed triggering of Sequences on inactive Pages after song load
Okay, I think I've fixed that and I don't seem to have broken anything else.

Every time I touch the code I worry that fixing one thing will break three others! :lol:
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote:Okay, I think I've fixed that and I don't seem to have broken anything else.
Yes, fixed :dance:
Thanks again for your response and reactivity.
Magic is an amazing tool, perfect complementarity with Scalewalker, unique weapons for generative music.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Yes, fixed :dance:
Thanks again for your response and reactivity.
Magic is an amazing tool, perfect complementarity with Scalewalker, unique weapons for generative music.
Great. I like the BR808 track, very nice. I love seeing how other people use my tools. :)
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote: I love seeing how other people use my tools.
A complex tool, more than ScaleWalker. I try today the "page load event", a very cool thing, (these 2 empty square was mysterious for me, and I see we can put something in it, some events) Magic can play alone, you select a page and it plays 8-) , up to 4 hours 25mn delay for an event.
A short loop, just 2 pages, and 2 rows in scalewalker. I will add more pages, more raws, more tracks, more scales, more tunings, more sound and fx states, more process.
page_event_test.7z
(16.05 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:I try today the "page load event", a very cool thing, (these 2 empty square was mysterious for me, and I see we can put something in it, some events) Magic can play alone, you select a page and it plays 8-) , up to 4 hours 25mn delay for an event.
I knew you'd like that! 8-)
tinga

Post by tinga »

Magic is so cool to write patterns, a 24 ticks example, based on Pygmies polyrhythms, vst and preset inside the notebook, it seems there is a size limit to paste some file. I have the pdf of the great Simha Arom book about african polyrhythms and polyphonies, a very serious work, perfect to try to understand music afro something, like funk, samba, salsa, etc..also perfect for teckno music.Send me a message if you want it.
Multiplicative system for pattern in many ways, what is Magic. :dance:
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Magic is so cool to write patterns, a 24 ticks example, based on Pygmies polyrhythms
:dance: :dance: :dance:
tinga

Post by tinga »

Monzoli pattern, 24 has more divisors than 32, anyway, African music is always 12/8 , 24/8 or something more complex, normally the 4 patterns in the notebook bpm is 160 or faster, at 120 it gives a sort of afrobeat, I will add some pages with always the same pattern, because copy/paste is cool, with differents tempo (i), sounds, etc...
Please use the peerscale in the notebook, more scales, doesn't work if not.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Ngobula_2a: I got a Notebook crash, peertune runs fine
Monzoli perk get both Peertunes crashed
Monzoli Perk New: I get a Notebook Crash and a Peer tune Crash, I thought Buzz should be More stable Always this annoying Problems with automization ...
30030_1a: Peer tune Crash

But giantsteps still Runs fine what the Hack ist wrong??? :cry:
:twisted:
IXix

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote:Ngobula_2a: I got a Notebook crash, peertune runs fine
Monzoli Perk New: I get a Notebook Crash and a Peer tune Crash, I thought Buzz should be More stable Always this annoying Problems with automization ...

I haven't had time to listen to these yet. If I get crashes when I do ,I'll see if I can figure out what's happening.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

@Ixix: I think there is no reason to check for you. It's just frustrating if you think on a late saturday evening, ah time left, let's check some Buzz-stuff and you are not able to listen, 'cause it's tinga-stuff and doesn't work from the beginning. I had only two tracks in the last 10 years by tinga, that worked from the start. All other stuff crashed somehow, only after hours or days I found a machine still in the wrong gear folder or other probs, like missed a forums discussion with the link to a newer version of a plug. Some still don't work ... .
Checked out the latest stuff by Tinga on another setup. Latest Buzz 32 bit on Win 7 64 bit, only peer chord crashes, no probs with notebook, but peer crashes all the time! I'm convinced it has nothing to do with magix ... .
The earlier reported crashes appear on an Win XP Sp3 32 bit ystem latest Buzz.
Well I don't know if tinga wants us to be frustrated with Buzz, hopefully not, perhaps he is the only person who has a perfect Buzz setup ... but it is definately not funny to search for the reason of this crashes for days and hours ... . Almost every other track seems to work on the win 7 64 machine ...
@ tinga: Do you have an idea why your stuff explodes in my Buzz setup?
IXix

Post by IXix »

No, I doubt it's a problem with Magic but if it's one of the machines I have the code for I may be able to fix it. Tinga is excellent at uncovering bugs! He always finds unexpected ways to use things and roots around in all the darkest corners of a machine. He's an asset! :D
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Well, perhaps Tinga could simply say: I have uploaded another buggy track to show you how difficult it is to do something productive with Buzz.
Well to talk about polyrhythm is not bad at all, I simple thought he wants us to listen to some stuff. O.k. it is not buzztunes here ... it is just a site to show how alive Buzz is and therefore the stuff of tinga is of course very useful, it definately shows how stable a program nowadays can be ...
So, If you have fun with tinga showing you the crap, I have nothing said ...
I'm sorry ...
tinga

Post by tinga »

Buzztler wrote:Do you have an idea why your stuff explodes in my Buzz setup?
Unfortunately I have no idea, Buzz gear is more than 1000 machines, and windows is a nice piece of shit.
Just an example, Fuzzpilz"s UDelay3, I use it a lot, but on my old computer around 2005, the offset param crashed Buzz if>0, and it take a long time before I discovered this, I suspected before my setup with peer machines everywhere, since I have a new computer UDelay works fine, now I use Polac's delay, many machines are buggy, but we use it because we know the limits, I'm totally amazed by buzz stability, how it can work with so many buggy machines with complex automations, random etc...
I don't understand why many buzzers have trouble with my stuff, sometimes bmx from other buzzers crash my buzz, (never with thOke's stuff, I use his excellent index), so autoplay is not the problem (there are not enough bmx on BuzzTunes).
Peertune is a wonder, not only a tuner and a scale generator, also a funny composition tool, two octaves by note with 0.1 cent accuracy and more than 2000 presets, very generous, thanks Kibibu, and of course IXix for generators updates.
thOke

Post by thOke »

Buzztler wrote:Ngobula_2a: I got a Notebook crash, peertune runs fine

The same happens here too. PeerTune crashes in Tinga's latest tunes (not in Ngobula_2a though).
No idea why. It didn't crash yet.
Notebook doesn't crash, so i guess Buzztler's version is not up to date. (or in the wrong folder - it's a generator)
Buzztler

Referring to tingas latest example-tracks

Post by Buzztler »

@thoke: you were right with notebook, I simply forgot to update to the latest version on some setups.

@Ixix and tinga: I did the following thing. I deleted the 4fm2f machine from the PeerTune "Apply to"-List. After this little "trick" the track started without PeerTune crashes. Before the "delete of" 4fm2f I always got some "crashed in Tick() (access violation)"-errormessage by Buzz and PeerTune crashed. Qsamo and wood work fine tiogether with PeerTune.
So, perhaps it helps somehow to find the reason for tinga's track not working and well I "wasted" another hour of time searching for some little Buzz-prob, hoooray if it will work in the end ... :lol:
thOke

Re: Referring to tingas latest example-tracks

Post by thOke »

Buzztler wrote:@thoke: you were right with notebook, I simply forgot to update to the latest version on some setups.
Problem solved :dance:
Buzztler wrote:@Ixix and tinga: I did the following thing. I deleted the 4fm2f machine from the PeerTune "Apply to"-List. After this little "trick" the track started without PeerTune crashes. Before the "delete of" 4fm2f I always got some "crashed in Tick() (access violation)"-errormessage by Buzz and PeerTune crashed. Qsamo and wood work fine tiogether with PeerTune.
So, perhaps it helps somehow to find the reason for tinga's track not working and well I "wasted" another hour of time searching for some little Buzz-prob, hoooray if it will work in the end ... :lol:
That's the problem. There is the original version of 4fm2f, which does not support peer tuning and a version from IX that does. In mý gear folder the version from IX was named "MadBrain's 4fm2f Custom" so the original version was loaded into tinga's files instead of the newer IX version.

There are also "custom versions" of MadBrain's Dynamite 6 and M4. I am not sure if i added the "Custom" to keep the originals or if tinga renamed the versions from IX and replaced the original DLLs.
Anyway ... your struggle was successful, Buzztler!

Problem solved :dance:
tinga

Post by tinga »

thOke wrote:i added the "Custom" to keep the originals or if tinga renamed the versions from IX and replaced the original DLLs.
Yes, I replaced 4fm, the tunable version was for me an update, :oops: , sorry. Of course the tunable version works fine without peerscale
IXix

Re: Referring to tingas latest example-tracks

Post by IXix »

thOke wrote: That's the problem. There is the original version of 4fm2f, which does not support peer tuning and a version from IX that does.
Ha, so it was my fault after all! :lol: