64bit migration

IXix

64bit migration

Post by IXix »

Can anyone share advice and tips for getting your 32bit Buzz setup transferred to 64bit Buzz? How have you done it?

What should definitely be copied? What should definitely not be copied? Which machines cause problems? Maybe this thread could be a resource for other people diving into the 64bit waters.

mcbpete

Re: 64bit migration

Post by mcbpete »

YMMV but I personally say don't do it: Stick with the 32bit build and use the PVSTi bridge to use any 64bit VST/i plugins. I tried 64bit Buzz a few months ago and the little amount of machines that actually seemed to work in the 64bit version of Buzz I just immediately went back to Buzz32

I can't really see many (if any) benefits of using the 64bit version of Buzz over the 32bit one.

IXix

Post by IXix »

mcbpete wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:38 pm
I tried 64bit Buzz a few months ago and the little amount of machines that actually seemed to work in the 64bit version of Buzz I just immediately went back to Buzz32
That bad huh? I was thinking about having both so I could develop and test my machines on both formats. Haven't really tried 64bit yet though it is installed.

Does anybody use the 64bit?

temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

[/quote]Does anybody use the 64bit?[/quote]
I tried to run Buzz64 about Christmas time,but when I tried to add more channels on great mixIO machine ,then Buzz crash.GUI is working.Then I finished testing.I'm sorry about this.Thanks for this great machine!!
Attachments
mixIO crash 01.jpg
mixIO crash 01.jpg (282.95 KiB) Viewed 29 times