Buzz doesn't make use of all the processors it could

DJ Saint-Hubert

Buzz doesn't make use of all the processors it could

Post by DJ Saint-Hubert »

well maybe... all my instruments are routed into a limiter when they all merge together, but before that they branch out into their own effects chains. Couldn't there be a way to have them use a separate CPU for each chain and then wait a certain amount of time for the other chains to finish, and then process the "master" track where the limiter is? I know Reaper has multiple tracks running on their own processors and then does a Master effects chain on everything. Why not Buzz?
UNZ

Re: Buzz doesn't make use of all the processors it could

Post by UNZ »

Settings / Engine / Multithreading
DJ Saint-Hubert

Post by DJ Saint-Hubert »

UNZ wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:37 am Settings / Engine / Multithreading
yeah, of course I've got that set to True. And all my processors are checked off in the other menu. Maybe it's not set to the right priority/mask?
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

This feature is highly dependent upon the topology of your signal path. If all your signal paths are highly interconnected, it won't multithread. Turn on the option to visualize which threads are being used. It color codes each machine by thread. Then do some experiments to see how your setup can best take advantage of multithreading. In general the principle is that each independent branch can be threaded, but you'll have to experiment to find out. It's one of the intricacies of building a good buzz setup. My setup fully takes advantage of all 8 cores.