buzz forums

forums of the buzz
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Noob MIDI question…
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:10 pm 

I searched through the forums to see if I could find an answer to this (I'm sure) noob question. But I couldn't find anything. So here goes.

I have my guitar routed through my UMC404HD via Polac's ASIO In to bring the signal into Buzz. I have two routings from the ASIO In: first to IX PatchBay (to select the multiple Effects routings I love to play around with) & secondly to WDE's wonderful Note Detector (where my Guitar can then trigger Buzz Generators or VSTi's). What I would like to do is MIDI record the notes detected by Note Detector so that I can then upload the resulting MIDI file into my Guitar TAB software (Power TAB 1.7) for scoring.

I'm fairly new to MIDI. I understand the concept & the power of the standard. But I can't seem to get it to work the way I think it should. Essentially, I'd like to figure out how to get Buzz to send MIDI Note data (from Note Detector) externally to a 3rd party program that can record that data. Or (even better, but I don't think Buzz does this) have Buzz natively record the MIDI Note Data that I can then import into my TAB software.

I've tried Mimo's MIDI Out Machine as well as the vMIDIOutII Machine. Neither seem to work (or maybe I'm doing something wrong). Polac has MIDI In & MIDI Bus II. Will MIDI Bus II send MIDI Note Data external? I have MIDI Yoke installed (this is on my old XP computer that I keep around for some of its elder charms), but perhaps there's something better for Virtual MIDI routing.

A step-by-step for dummies version of instructions would be greatly appreciated as I seem to be stumbling over what I would think would be pretty basic methodologies.

Thank you in advance!

See You In The Shadows…

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:59 pm 

Candle wrote:
What I would like to do is MIDI record the notes detected by Note Detector so that I can then upload the resulting MIDI file into my Guitar TAB software (Power TAB 1.7) for scoring.

... have Buzz natively record the MIDI Note Data that I can then import into my TAB software.

You can send the midi data from note detector GUI to a target buzz machine, i recommend IX Split.
Create a pattern for it in the sequence editor as long as you want the recording to be.
Now press the record button from Buzz (F7). All the notes are now recorded to the pattern while you are playing.

Attachment:
midi rec.jpg
midi rec.jpg [ 47.81 KiB | Viewed 86 times ]

Finally go to the small sequence editor above the pattern editor, right click on the track and export to midi file!!

Attachment:
midi exp.jpg
midi exp.jpg [ 56.14 KiB | Viewed 86 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:16 am 

Wow, that looks deleriously simple. Thank you so much thOke!

See You In The Shadows…

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:55 am 

Just tried a simple CMaj Arpeggio with a QSamo synth run through the Note Detector & recorded into IX Split. After playing around with the resulting MIDI file in a sequencer, I got it to work perfectly in Power TAB Editor! Thank you so much thOke!

See You In The Shadows…