Not amused – loaded VSTi-Instance won't play

Klangkulisse

Not amused – loaded VSTi-Instance won't play

Post by Klangkulisse »

Not amused...
Opening Buzz, loading a VST, try to play it via keyboard - no sound. But via sequencer, the VST does
Opening a track i made a few days ago that has the same VST - I can play it via keyboard.
CLONING this VST, it can also be played via keyboard. LOADING this VST as a new instance, it cannot be played via keyboard!

So, all tracks I have, the VSTs can be played via keyboard. Loading any VST, it cannot be played via keaboard.

The only change I am aware of is, that I tried to use the bridge tool (VCV Bridge 0.6) for vcv rack and inserted as proposed the folder "pluginterfaces" from vstsdk2_4 into the VST directory of buzz.

I have deleted all of it again, restarted my computer, but no change.

I am not sure, if there is this correlation, because for quite a while I did not start a new track from scratch in buzz

What went wrong? Has anyone an idea?
polac

Re: Not amused – loaded VSTi-Instance won't play

Post by polac »

Are you talking about midi keyboard or computer keyboard? If it's midi, by default you have to open the vst gui to hear a sound at first.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Hey Polac,
thanks for reply.
Both, midi keyboard and computer keyboard cannot reach the VSTs.
Yes, I do open the VST, so I see the gui, keeping the focus on it. No difference, if I use the build in keyboard from buzz.

It is very strange, as the tracks I have so far, which contain a VST, are playable by midi and computer keyboard. If I load a new vst into that track, it is not playable. If I clone the excisting vst in that track, the clone is playable. If I start a new track from scratch, the loaded VST is not playable.

I remember now, that I noticed another strange behaviour a few weeks ago. Sometimes I use VST-sequencer like Transition by CodeFN42. Normally they run independently from buzz, wether you hit buzz start button or not. But they don't run anymore constantly, in my so far build tracks and newly started from scratch. I can trigger Transition for a very short moment by dialing any knob, it runs about 6 steps or so, but then it stops. Same behaviour with other VST-sequencers: I can trigger them by keyboard shortly, then they stop.

Is it possible, that those free DAWs like Tracktion, Cakewalk by bandlab or similar I tried recently, gain controll over my VST-collection and block them somehow?

Really perplexed. :?
polac

Post by polac »

Hmm that's very odd, no problems here. computer keyboard should work at least.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Solved – well, it was simple. :oops:
In the edit menu of the new loaded VST was Midi Recieve Note deactivated.
But: I am pretty sure that this was activated by default until I got into troubles.
However – is there a way to activate MIDI Recieve Note by default when loading a VST?
Attachments
MIDI Recieve note F10.jpg
MIDI Recieve note F10.jpg (180.26 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

Klangkulisse wrote:But: I am pretty sure that this was activated by default until I got into troubles.
somebody pressing F10 by accident, probably the cat walking the keyboard ;)
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Hey UNZ,
the cat was probably me. :)

But: MIDI Recieve CC (F9) is already activated when I load a VST, MIDI Recieve Note (F10) is not.

I remember I never bothered about it, because the VST was ready to receive notes, meaning MIDI Receive Note must have been activated already.

So I activated a VST (just a minute ago) by hitting F10, but the next VST has be activated with F10 too.
Isn't there a preference to always load a VST with activated MIDI Recieve Note – because MIDI Recieve CC is.

And when I load an older track with a VST, Midi Recieve note ist already activated.