Issues with new Polac - Can't access loaders or VSTs

invisible_sweater

Issues with new Polac - Can't access loaders or VSTs

Post by invisible_sweater »

Hey folks, I'm back with more technical issues!

I've been out of the game since my last PC kicked the bucket, but now I'm back with a fresh install on a new system.

I copied over my old Effects, Generators, and Vst folders, and was told on startup that I needed the newest version of Polac. So I downloaded the new version, copied everything into the proper Buzz folders (the same folders as what came in the ZIP archive), then was told again that the .dll was an old version and needed to be updated.

So then I deleted all the old Polac .dll files from Effects and Generators, booted up Buzz, and now I have no Polac machines able to be loaded, and none of my VST effects or instruments appear in the list either.

I tried several things to attempt solving this. Made sure Buzz was running as administrator, with full permissions for all the folders, I deleted everything Polac related, loaded Buzz again so it would update the machines without that version, then re installed new Polac. Still didn't work, so I re-installed Buzz completely and started over. Still can't load any of the Polac machines, and it still isn't scanning for VSTs.

Can someone please help me out with this? I kinda recall I had to do this on my last PC and it wasn't difficult at all. Is there a way to force Buzz to re-scan the machines and VST folders? I feel like all the right files are in the right place, they just need to be loaded to be usable.

Thanks!
invisible_sweater

Re: Issues with new Polac - Can't access loaders or VSTs

Disregard! I figured out where I went wrong... I used the x64 Polac on x86 Buzz. Working properly now. I am still curious as to whether there is a way to force a re-scan of the Gear and VST folders. It seems like an option that should be more readily accessible.
polac

Post by polac »

Hehe, you are not the first one who installs the x64 version instead of the x86 one.
thOke

Post by thOke »

invisible_sweater wrote:.. I am still curious as to whether there is a way to force a re-scan of the Gear and VST folders. It seems like an option that should be more readily accessible.
Right click on adapter -> Preferences
polacscan.jpg
polacscan.jpg (58.21 KiB) Viewed 2962 times
invisible_sweater

Ohhhh there it is! Thanks for the tip!