buzzfixkit and kibibu doof

onecircles

buzzfixkit and kibibu doof

Post by onecircles »

I am having problems with kibibu doof, and I tried installing one of the large machine EXE packs that magmavander linked in the recent post about getting all machines. Along with that pack it recommends installing overloader and buzzfixkit. I did as I was told, but that install is now broken, saying that I am missing sampleIO.dll

Is buzzfixkit and overloader still a viable thing to use with the latest version of buzz running on windows 7? Buzzfixkit seems pretty interesting, having a bunch of buzz related utilities.

However, it has also changed my icons for all my BMX files, and I'm a little stressed about it. I like how buzz installations are very contained, and it seems that either overloader or fixkit has done some registry changes that I probably wouldn't have agreed to haha.
onecircles

Re: buzzfixkit and kibibu doof

Post by onecircles »

How do I cleanly uninstall all the buzzfixkit and overloader stuff without touching my main buzz install?
nathansnider

Post by nathansnider »

onecircles wrote: Is buzzfixkit and overloader still a viable thing to use with the latest version of buzz running on windows 7? Buzzfixkit seems pretty interesting, having a bunch of buzz related utilities.agreed to haha.
Not sure about all the FixKit stuff, but Overloader is definitely only for old Buzz. It was a kind of patch during the period where the old Buzz source code was lost, before Oskari picked up development of new Buzz again.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Yeah Overloader is a definite no-no with the dot net builds of Buzz. Probably the least destructive method of getting it back to working order is to just re-download the latest installer and install it 'over the top' of your existing build.

The only thing that you'd want to use fixkit for nowadays is the under the 'Setup' option and place ticks by 'install MFC42.dll' , 'install msvcr70.dll' and 'install msvcr70.dll' so you've the required libraries for some of the machines.