Cyanphase JedShiva v.1.02 crash with Buzz Build 1440

pbhs

Cyanphase JedShiva v.1.02 crash with Buzz Build 1440

Post by pbhs »

Hi guys,
I have just installed the Buzz Build 1440 and found this bug with Cyanphase JedShiva version 1.02:

1) Start Buzz -> Machine View F3 -> typing some letters like "Cyanphase" -> listbox with Cyanphase's machines listed -> double click on JedShiva -> Buzz CRASH

2) Start Buzz -> Machine View F3 -> double click on empty space -> "New Machine" window come out -> click on "effects" and then select JedShiva -> click on OK button -> JedShiva machine is created on machine view -> BUZZ still works OK

3) Start Buzz -> Machine View F3 -> right mouse click -> select "New" -> "Effect" -> select JedShiva -> JedShiva machine is created on machine view -> BUZZ still works OK

Same problem also with Cyanphase AutoDC Blocker version 1.1.

I have no problems opening BMX that have inside "AutoDC blocker" and "JedShiva".

I am using WinXP SP3 with Buzz Build1440 (x86).

Ciao.
Paolo BHS.
mantratronic

Re: Cyanphase JedShiva v.1.02 crash with Buzz Build 1440

Post by mantratronic »

I can confirm this with Jedshiva 1.03, 1440 and 1439 32bit, win7 64bit.
pbhs

Post by pbhs »

Hi Mantratronic,
sorry but where is the Jedshiva version 1.03 ? ... and also another question : this 1.03 has some news inside ?

Thanks ... Ciao ..
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

Errr, i think it may be a beta someone is working on that i got via irc for testing. Not sure if its stable at all as i never use jedshiva normally...
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Hi there, running WinXP on x86 ...
I also have the problem with Jedshiva same as BHS,
1) even after the latest bugfixed 1443 Buzz build it doesn't "crash" Buzz anymore, but I get an error message starting: "Windows Base: Index was out of range Must be non-negative and less then size of the collection", when I "drop" them via the "machinebar" on to the machine view, by dragging them with the mouse. The same "error" occurs when I use Cyanphase SongInfo or his auto dc ... the rest of Cyanphase's runs fine.
The same problem I have with cheapo statistics and his do-nothing, the rest of cheapos runs fine ... .
2) Some machines do not automatically connect to the master when used via the "machinebar" (I mean the thingy on the right side of the machine view, where you can choose all type of machines.)
3) I experienced problems with the GUI of some (for me) interesting VST-plugins. When I drop them on the machine view and run through presets almost no graphical knobs move! same when I use an index.txt-way. For example FrettedSynth FreeAmp 2.5, starts with the completely wrong GUI, e.g. normally you can switch between a GUI-part for the guitarsynth and the effect pedals. Therefore they built a knob on the down left corner of the plug. the knob doesn't work anymore and you cant change any paramaters via the GUI anymore. I tested Polac version 17b on 01.02.2012 everything runs fine. I saved this setup! Just AudioIn, FrettedSynth FreeAmp 2.5, and the master.
Now it comes: If I load the bmx-file from 01.02.2012 the GUI and everything works fine! If I try to use a new second instance of the FrettedSynth FreeAmp 2.5 - dropped via the machinebar it doesn't work, but the old one still works fine.
I saved the old bmx-file from 01.02.2011 again yesterday with Buzz build 1443 and when I load it, it completely crashes Buzz! Saying an error occured buzz has to be closed ... .

I hope it helps to solve the problem and I still can run "my" Buzz :oops:
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

I've been wondering about the Cyanphase machines and the new feature of creating a pattern for each effect. Could it be that these machines have a max number of tracks of 0? when no pattern was being created, this would be fine, but when a pattern has to be created where parameters or tracks are not allowed for in the machine it would be likely to crash.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

I get this too with 1443 (x86) on Windows 7, 64-bit + JedShiva v1.3. With Buzz 1434 there were no errors. Here's a full stack trace, but becuase i don't have the corresponding .pdb file for buzz.exe, the stack trace does not say which line of code is wrong. It should hopefully still give some clue to what is going on:
---------------------------
mscorlib
---------------------------
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at BuzzGUI.PatternEditor.Digit.Constrain(PatternVM pattern)
at BuzzGUI.PatternEditor.PatternVM.CreateColumnSets()
at BuzzGUI.PatternEditor.PatternVM.set_Pattern(IPattern value)
at BuzzGUI.PatternEditor.MachineVM.machine_PatternAdded(IPattern p)
at BuzzGUI.Machine.raise_PatternAdded(IPattern value0)
at BuzzGUI.Machine.AddPattern(String name, Int32 length, Int32 colcount, String source)
at BuzzGUI.CGUIMac.AddPattern(CGUIMac* , SByte* name, Int32 length, Int32 colcount, SByte* source)
at BuzzGUI.Machine.CreatePattern(String name, Int32 length)
at BuzzGUI.MachineView.MachineView.CreateInstrument(IInstrument instrument, Single x, Single y)
at BuzzGUI.MachineView.MachineView.<.ctor>b__45(Object sender, TextCompositionEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.TextCompositionEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.TextCompositionManager.UnsafeCompleteComposition(TextComposition composition)
at System.Windows.Input.TextCompositionManager.PostProcessInput(Object sender, ProcessInputEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.RaiseProcessInputEventHandlers(ProcessInputEventHandler postProcessInput, ProcessInputEventArgs processInputEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Input.TextCompositionManager.UnsafeStartComposition(TextComposition composition)
at System.Windows.Input.TextCompositionManager.PostProcessInput(Object sender, ProcessInputEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.RaiseProcessInputEventHandlers(ProcessInputEventHandler postProcessInput, ProcessInputEventArgs processInputEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ProcessTextInputAction(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

mantratronic wrote:I've been wondering about the Cyanphase machines and the new feature of creating a pattern for each effect. Could it be that these machines have a max number of tracks of 0? when no pattern was being created, this would be fine, but when a pattern has to be created where parameters or tracks are not allowed for in the machine it would be likely to crash.
looks like it.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

strobotone wrote:
mantratronic wrote:I've been wondering about the Cyanphase machines and the new feature of creating a pattern for each effect. Could it be that these machines have a max number of tracks of 0? when no pattern was being created, this would be fine, but when a pattern has to be created where parameters or tracks are not allowed for in the machine it would be likely to crash.
looks like it.
shouldnt it crash in previous builds too then when you create a pattern for it manually ? (didn't check)
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Running single core x86 Win XP
Checked jedshiva v. 1.02 with Buzz build 1444 ... runs fine
Checked the formerly problems with other Cyanphase's and Cheapo - plugs ... they run fine now.

This problem seems to be solved ... . 8-) thanks ...

Checked the hanging GUI of for example bv - synths by Bill Valiontis, Fretted Synth FreeAmp 2.5, an older one of RumplRäusch, most of free guitar-heads.
I can move the sliderknobs again now ... that's fine, but still the knobs of the GUI do not move, when I choose a preset via << or >> in The GUI. The parameter moves as I'm able to see in the para-view ... . Furthermore the Fretted Synth FreeAmp 2.5 still starts with the wrong GUI when dropped via the machine bar. And the switch between the different GUI's for guitar synth and footpedals does not work.
If I take the previously stored bmx from 01.02.2012 the GUI works absolutely correct in Buzz build 1444 ... .

When I store the bmx, I'm able to reload it without crashes in Buzz ... with Buzz build 1444 thats also fine ...

So what in the world is responsible for the hanging GUI's of some VST?