F6 not playing from current position

peacemaker

F6 not playing from current position

Post by peacemaker »

When I'm in the Pattern Editor and press F6, the song doesn't play from current position but instead from the beginning of the song.
It plays from current positon only when I'm in the sequencer view.
I think this problem was introduced in one of the recent builds. I use F6 often when editing a pattern so this is really a problem for me :cry:
Buzztler

Re: F6 not playing from current position

Post by Buzztler »

If I save a bmx and want to start it from a certain position and not from the very beginning this isn't stored either! The track always starts from the beginning ... ? Strange :roll:
(Just a hint not criticism .. ;) )
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

It seems as if the song starting position is saved in bmx-files again and also the F6-feature works correct again on my system in Buzz build 1444 ... :) thx
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

A very typical scenario for me is that I'm somewhere in the middle of the song, and I want to edit a pattern there. I press enter and Buzz sends me to that pattern. I edit and press F6 to play, and old Buzz would remember where in the song I was and play from there.

New Buzz has this new sequence editor above the pattern editor, which has a seperate play position, which is not synced to the real play position.

Work-around 1: Alway press Ctrl-B before pressing enter to edit the pattern. This will force both play positions to start where you currently are.

Work-around 2: Use the mouse to manually update the new sequence editor's play potision to where you wanted to be.

Personally I think Buzz would be easier to use, if these two play positions were the same (or "synced" or however you want to put it.) So that, when going from the song view to the pattern view, the song position won't jump to the start or somewhere else unexpected.
peacemaker

Post by peacemaker »

oskari wrote:--- Build 1448 - Wednesday, 08 February 2012 19:56:06 UTC
- F6 plays from the cursor position of the most recently used sequence editor
- new sequence editor: remember hidden state
Fixed! :D
Thank you very much oskari!
Joachip wrote:A very typical scenario for me is that I'm somewhere in the middle of the song, and I want to edit a pattern there. I press enter and Buzz sends me to that pattern. I edit and press F6 to play, and old Buzz would remember where in the song I was and play from there.
Yeah, this is how I use F6, too. I keep forgetting that there are some new hotkeys for similar scenarios: 4, 8, spacebar.
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

great. this renders my modded BuzzGUI.SequenceEditor.dll obsolete :)
Joachip

YES!

Post by Joachip »