Clicks + Crashes with UTrk :/

vocodor

Clicks + Crashes with UTrk :/

Post by vocodor »

hi all,

i'm using build 1443 and experienced problems with UTrk (fuzzpilz unwieldy tracker):
there are random clicks all the time and after a while all utrk instances crash - displaying "crashed" on their skins.
any ideas what's wrong? i already tried loading different samples, didn't help.
thanks
etruscan

Re: Clicks + Crashes with UTrk :/

Post by etruscan »

Are you using multithreading? UTrk doesn't like it IIRC - I had a BMX where the UTrks consistently crashed (and I think I may also have had some clicks) until I disabled multithreading. There's the business of not mixing 24-bit and 32-bit samples with UTrk too . . .
vocodor

Post by vocodor »

etruscan wrote:Are you using multithreading? UTrk doesn't like it IIRC - I had a BMX where the UTrks consistently crashed (and I think I may also have had some clicks) until I disabled multithreading. There's the business of not mixing 24-bit and 32-bit samples with UTrk too . . .
i might try that .. thanks! :)
xlorite

Post by xlorite »

i sometimes use utrk to intentionally produce those clicks for a very interesting artistic effect with help of hard limiter :D it's cause of bug in mixing higher bit samples with lower bit depth samples as etruscan said. if you want a smooth working tracker use matilde 1.9rc7
vocodor

Post by vocodor »

xlorite wrote:i sometimes use utrk to intentionally produce those clicks for a very interesting artistic effect with help of hard limiter :D it's cause of bug in mixing higher bit samples with lower bit depth samples as etruscan said. if you want a smooth working tracker use matilde 1.9rc7
i'm using uTrk because of the nice "stretch to x ticks" feature (for drumloops) - afaik matilde doesn't have it..
xlorite

Post by xlorite »

yes it's a cool thing. but matilde has nice decay and offset features
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

vocodor wrote:i'm using uTrk because of the nice "stretch to x ticks" feature (for drumloops) - afaik matilde doesn't have it..
It's the 11 command on Matilde, though unfortunately it only goes up to 256 ticks (for drums loops though that's usually not so much of an issue)
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

Note that you can disable multithreading on a per-machine basis:

http://buzzwiki.robotplanet.dk/index.php/Gear.xml

Also, see this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=173

UTrk is on there . . .