Index.txt - Unwanted Separators

thOke

Index.txt - Unwanted Separators

Post by thOke »

i removed all separators from my index.txt. but sometimes a few appear in random order
and replace machine entries. this happens randomly ... when i restart buzz ... or edit the index.txt ...

well ... i probably have too many machines listed although i already removed 'load on startup' from the polac adapters
in the gear_defaults.xml .

anyone out there with similar experiences ??

here is my index.txt
index.zip
(15.09 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
mute

Re: Index.txt - Unwanted Separators

Post by mute »

This happens to me too, I thought it was just my index but I tried a new one and hamster's and get the same thing. What happens is that occassionally some menu items don't get added to the menu when buzz loads so you either go missing a branch or item, and have 2 seperators back to back. Restarting Buzz usually fixes, but what item goes missing or what shows up is random.. its hardly ever the same spot over and over. It only happens to the root menu too, the submenus never seem to have a problem.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

mute wrote:This happens to me too, I thought it was just my index but I tried a new one and hamster's and get the same thing. What happens is that occassionally some menu items don't get added to the menu when buzz loads so you either go missing a branch or item, and have 2 seperators back to back. Restarting Buzz usually fixes, but what item goes missing or what shows up is random.. its hardly ever the same spot over and over. It only happens to the root menu too, the submenus never seem to have a problem.
Exactly the same here. In addition, when that happens, all my vsti or vst appears twice in the vst list.
thOke

Post by thOke »

it also happens within submenus here:

strobotone

Post by strobotone »

unable to reproduce (yet). tested with your index and opened buzz 30 times.
entries always appear in the same order here.
using a custom xaml template for the context menu but it should not make any difference, or does it?
thOke

Post by thOke »

strobotone wrote:unable to reproduce (yet). tested with your index and opened buzz 30 times.
entries always appear in the same order here.
using a custom xaml template for the context menu but it should not make any difference, or does it?
thanks for testing anyway ...
i probably should have mentioned that i am still on win xp sp3. i don't know if that matters in this case though.
entries aren't reordered here either, but randomly replaced with separators not present in my index.txt.

i am using buzz default theme and have no idea if the custom xaml makes a difference.
i don't even know which one is related to the context menu ... machineview.xaml ??
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

in the default theme there is no xaml for the contextmenu but you can put

<ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
<ResourceDictionary Source="../yourcustomcontextmenu.xaml"/>
</ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>

in MVResources.xaml and create your own.
an example can be found in MenuTest theme by Oskari or in mine.
thOke

Post by thOke »

ok, thx ... i will have a look at this although totally unexperienced in theming yet.