Bugs

Evelon

Bugs

Post by Evelon »

1452. WinXP.
Wavetable browser: loses focus on samples in wavebrowser view when unsupported formats are auditioned. Also (as far as I know), there are no key commands for switching around the wavetable and browser windows. I apologize if there are and if I have missed those.
Idea: keys Shift Z, Shift X, Shift C, etc (or other more suitable keys) could work as window selectors, and then arrowing could work from there. Remembering prevous cursor location when switching between them would be great too.
Machine presets: when doing machine parameter adjustments, as in making a new sound, and you accidentally click the preset drop-down - you are fucked (cause it revert to the one preset you are currently on). There is no way to save what you had going on as far as parameter setting/preset goes (no even with undo).
Old sequencer bug: When collapsing/pulling up the new sequencer view "curtain" (to disable it) and being able to switch between machine view and old sequencer with enter key, it gets ignored when you add a new machine or VST. It's back to "Hey, it's the new sequencer again". When you add new machine, the same goes for machines you earlier collapsed the new sequencer on.
Pattern view PXP: I miss the option that is in the built-in view - when you hold shift + arrow and highlight to bottom/end and the whole track highlights, then all tracks (and circles around - column, whole track, all tracks, and then back again). Would be sweet to have that in PatternXP aswell, as it speeds things up a great deal.
PatternXP: ctrl+L (track solo?) doesn't work? (did it ever work?) ctrl+M (mute channel) works in PatternXP view in either case. Maybe track solo (in pattern view) collides with machine solo (in sequence view)?
Old sequence view does not reset: Opening a project with many machines, scroll with right arrow key to the last track (outside of the monitor right-side screen view). Then opening a new project with less machines (say, three or four), and there are no patterns visible in old sequence view. You have to scroll left (arrow) in sequence view to see them (far left).
Master volume slider doesn't reset (max) when creating a new project from scratch.
Could be my computer/setup bug:
When switching between programs (Alt Tab, etc) and switching back to Buzz, it doesn't show - but instead the parameter windows of buzzmachines and VSTs show (hovering over the previous software I was using, like Firefox). I have to rightclick on the Buzz-tab in the windows bottom menu and select ”maximize/expand” for Buzz to pop up again. Maybe it's just me, but it's only Buzz that does this on my computer. I have no idea why.
VSTi and VST made in synthmaker have weird gui bug (doesn't update, unless you move the window around the screen).
Thank you for the recent bugfixes, Oskari! Great work!
oskari
Site Admin

Re: Bugs

Post by oskari »

Machine presets: when doing machine parameter adjustments, as in making a new sound, and you accidentally click the preset drop-down - you are fucked (cause it revert to the one preset you are currently on). There is no way to save what you had going on as far as parameter setting/preset goes (no even with undo).
The undo button next to the dropdown should work.
Old sequencer bug: When collapsing/pulling up the new sequencer view "curtain" (to disable it) and being able to switch between machine view and old sequencer with enter key, it gets ignored when you add a new machine or VST. It's back to "Hey, it's the new sequencer again". When you add new machine, the same goes for machines you earlier collapsed the new sequencer on.
It doesn't do that here.
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

oskari wrote: The undo button next to the dropdown should work.
Doh! Didn't think about that. :) That works! Thanks!
Still think it's a bit of an odd behaviour (when expanding and collapsing the preset menu like that = revert). Maybe I'm solo on that thought.
oskari wrote: It doesn't do that here.
Perhaps it's a XP thing?
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

VSTi and VST made in synthmaker have weird gui bug (doesn't update, unless you move the window around the screen).
hello Evelon ... thanx for mentioning this ... I wrote the same under the "DEV" section in this forum ... but nobody answered ... as you said (and I figured out the same) it is a bug in former versions of Synthmaker ... I like Synthmaker VST(i), 'cause they are somehow different to Synthedit creations ... well and in fruityloops they did not work either ... btw the GUI on my pc is not always fixed, when dragging the "plugin" around the screen ... hope Oskari can - and wants - to solve this?! ...