Utrk with outs - buggy?

Dean

Utrk with outs - buggy?

Post by Dean »

I am not sure if this is covered somewhere,
from my understanding the utrk is supposed to be compitable with polac out (the 1st one, not 2nd).
But from my experience, it doesn't work at all.
It mess up the following machines, sometimes resulting in noise, sometimes there are other problems.
And Peer machines doesn't seem to work when using outs either (they work fine when not using outs).

I love the machine and all, but gettin' down with clarity on this one would be cool.
what's up with this?
mute

Re: Utrk with outs - buggy?

Post by mute »

I havent tried the multi-out on Utrk for awhile.. maybe Polac Out I needs to have multithreading turned off, I know Utrk does in general
Dean

Post by Dean »

mute wrote:I havent tried the multi-out on Utrk for awhile.. maybe Polac Out I needs to have multithreading turned off, I know Utrk does in general
thank you sir, I don't know exactly where is the problem but I just multithread = off for all involved machines (peerlfo, utrk, polac out) and now it does seem to work - without the problems.
(for those who read, you can do it in gear.xml like this, maybe it's on the gear.xml by default already, wasn't on mine but I don't use latest version:

<Gear>
<Machine Name="Fuzzpilz UnwieldyTracker" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="Polac Out" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="BTDSys Peer LFO" Multithreading="False"/>
</Gear>

if you already have a list like this, just add these machines to the list!

)
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Yeah Unweildy Tracker doesn't support multithreading. Check out the BuzzWiki page to see what needs blacklisting - http://buzzwiki.robotplanet.dk/index.php/Gear.xml
ags

Post by ags »

...and update it if you find more. :)
Dean

Post by Dean »

ags wrote:...and update it if you find more. :)
actually I have a few more machines in my list than what's on that list,
but for example, I'm not sure "Peer LFO" should be there (anyone else have a take on that?)
Anyway, I've put it in alphabetic order, and so should whoever wants to update Buzzwiki :)
(so it's easy for people to add their local variations... I know there are more machines than
this which I've forgotten cause I stopped using them)

<Gear>
<Machine Name="Automaton EQ-7" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="bg*" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="BTDSys Peer LFO" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="BTDSys Pulsar" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="BTDSys SampleGrid*" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="FireSledge ParamEQ" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="Fuzzpilz Otter" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="Fuzzpilz UnwieldyTracker" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="Geonik*" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="kibibu Simple Gain" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="ld auxreturn" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="Polac Out" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="Rout*" Multithreading="False"/>
<Machine Name="Rymix*" Multithreading="False"/>
</Gear>

it should be mentioned, I had a lot of problems with mr PeerLFO and sometimes he wouldn't even
allow me to place him in the machines view without crash. I guess it was together with other
machines... but now anyway, it's working well now, after puttin' him on the blacklist.
mes

Post by mes »

It's a shame Utrk has so many problems, because it's probably the most powerful drum machine ever created. And I've used everything from max, reaktor, renoise, ableton, Kontakt/Battery etc... still nothing beats it. I really hope the devs make sure it keeps working with all future versions of Buzz.
Dean

Post by Dean »

mes wrote:It's a shame Utrk has so many problems, because it's probably the most powerful drum machine ever created. And I've used everything from max, reaktor, renoise, ableton, Kontakt/Battery etc... still nothing beats it. I really hope the devs make sure it keeps working with all future versions of Buzz.
what are the other problems?
(I am mainly asking cause the area which I found problems was a bit limited, it might be good what to avoid trial n error to be painted into a corner)
mes

Post by mes »

Well I guess it doesn't really have that many other problems besides the bugs with 24-bit samples...I'm just always worried that as Buzz keeps getting updated it will eventually not work correctly at all. Is Fuzzpillz still around anymore?
Dean

Post by Dean »

mes wrote:Well I guess it doesn't really have that many other problems besides the bugs with 24-bit samples...I'm just always worried that as Buzz keeps getting updated it will eventually not work correctly at all. Is Fuzzpillz still around anymore?
forgot about the 24-bit bug, never use 24-bit samples these days...
I think fuzzpilz is still around. not sure how active,or if available but last contributed machine to buzzmachines.com was in 2010...
and I'm not sure if he did anything else after this which is not posted on buzzmachines.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Fuzzpilz hasn't been doing Buzz dev for ages and ages AFAIK. I doubt it was him who uploaded those machines in 2010.
Dean

Post by Dean »

IXix wrote:Fuzzpilz hasn't been doing Buzz dev for ages and ages AFAIK. I doubt it was him who uploaded those machines in 2010.
point taken. I'm not surprised he went on with his life, buzz has been on the run for 15 years or something, and I don't think he started out as a toddler.
He did some great machines though! I really like utrk, chorpse, udelay (and more)...
Xaphoid

Post by Xaphoid »

Im sure if we donate some money to him we can motivate him to update Utrk. i find it's a great motivator!
Dean

Post by Dean »

Xaphoid wrote:Im sure if we donate some money to him we can motivate him to update Utrk. i find it's a great motivator!
good idea :mrgreen:
to be honest I find that utrk is working just fine for me (cause I don't use the 24 bit samples),
but if I would be interested in the development of the features of such a machine, I think it would be fair to lay out some cash
Xaphoid

Post by Xaphoid »

http://batman.no/buze/beta/Fuzzpilz%20U ... racker.dll

looks like clvn-_ from IRC #buzz fixed the 24bit sample explosions and clicking samples bugs. Go to #buzz on Efnet and thank him.
Dean

Post by Dean »

Xaphoid wrote:http://batman.no/buze/beta/Fuzzpilz%20U ... racker.dll

looks like clvn-_ from IRC #buzz fixed the 24bit sample explosions and clicking samples bugs. Go to #buzz on Efnet and thank him.
wow, that must be great news for many 24-bit buzzers!! people should give lotsa thanks!
Xaphoid

Post by Xaphoid »

good idea :mrgreen:
to be honest I find that utrk is working just fine for me (cause I don't use the 24 bit samples),
but if I would be interested in the development of the features of such a machine, I think it would be fair to lay out some cash

yea well those that use utrk for every track should donate something anyway regardless. It's the right thing to do.
Dean

Post by Dean »

Xaphoid wrote:yea well those that use utrk for every track should donate something anyway regardless. It's the right thing to do.
I agree on that, without the fresh fruits, how are we gonna make the juicy songs? it makes sense.
of course, also true about "the tree" where these fruits can grow, buzz itself.