Fullscreen mode

nikto

Fullscreen mode

Post by nikto »

--- Build 1456 - Thursday, 16 February 2012 08:06:27 UTC
- full screen mode (shift+alt+enter)
THANK YOU! this is much better!
But can we lose toolbar as well, when switching to fullscreen? The whole idea is to just have the machine\patt\sequence view taking the whole screen, no toolbars\menus etc. hanging there at all.
UNZ

Re: Fullscreen mode

Post by UNZ »

i dont think that makes sense

the toolbar has the vu, bpm, tbp, time information, midi, audio settings etc...
nikto

Post by nikto »

UNZ wrote:i dont think that makes sense
the toolbar has the vu, bpm, tbp, time information, midi, audio settings etc...
i beg to differ,
first off, I'm not suggesting they have to go, like, forever. Just for a fullscreen view they should, I think.
You see, personally, in a real smooth workflow, I tend to set bpm and stuff just once, with maybe a few slight adjustments at the very start. After that. for the most time (as soon the track really took off), i honestly, never find myself looking at those, ever. F2\F3\F4\F9 do pretty much all the necessary switching.
By that time those toolbar things just take up the screen space, plain getting in the way. And if my whole theme is dark, them sticking up there sometimes distinctively disrupts the groove, I'm quite positive about that.

That's why I'm suggesting that fullscreen mode will make way more sense when it's, like, 100% fullscreen.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

if the theme seriously influences your music making you got other problems ;)

for me, its functionality or gtfo

there's too much stuff in the toolbar to completely remove it in fullscreen. maybe auto hide it or so.
ags

Post by ags »

nikto wrote:I'm not suggesting they have to go, like, forever. Just for a fullscreen view they should, I think.
LOL NO.
lantern

Post by lantern »

Auto-hide would be good for the toolbar. :?
nikto

Post by nikto »

lantern wrote:Auto-hide would be good for the toolbar. :?
yes, but a simple 'disable toolbar' option is probably much easier to implement than the actual 'auto-hide', don't you think? (if you mean the windows-style smooth sidebar autohide).
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

appreciate what you get for free.

if you want you can make the toolbar (.xaml) resizeable yourself or let it hide automatically when leaving the area.

same goes for the menubar ofcourse. you can hide the menubar by default and show it when the mouse pointer reaches the top of the screen for example. but that does not hide the actual main window frame.

i guess what you want is a configurable fullscreen mode. > select what you want to hide.
(insert smilie here)
nikto

Post by nikto »

strobotone wrote: if you want you can make the toolbar (.xaml) resizeable yourself or let it hide automatically when leaving the area.
that's more informative. Would you be so kind to expand on that a little?
strobotone wrote:appreciate what you get for free.
in this world, 'free' is a very relative thing, cap, never absolute. okay, and enough of this dumb patronizing, really. Some folks reaction to my humble suggestion makes me feel like I'm treading on their grandma's lampoons, so edgy or personal they get. Did you fail to notice a big "thank you" at the start of thread?
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

I guessing it's the rather forceful second sentence that ruffled people's feathers - it made the compliment seem somewhat backhanded....
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

nikto wrote:
strobotone wrote: if you want you can make the toolbar (.xaml) resizeable yourself or let it hide automatically when leaving the area.
that's more informative. Would you be so kind to expand on that a little?
strobotone wrote:appreciate what you get for free.
in this world, 'free' is a very relative thing, cap, never absolute. okay, and enough of this dumb patronizing, really. Some folks reaction to my humble suggestion makes me feel like I'm treading on their grandma's lampoons, so edgy or personal they get. Did you fail to notice a big "thank you" at the start of thread?
it was not meant to be personal.

sure, we can expand the topic with some xaml examples.