peer lfo problems

IXix

Re: peer lfo problems

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Yes, it's great now, the random param works exactly according to the rate, for notes that means a total liberty for rhythm, independent of buzz BPM if we use Hz or ms, it's not the same PeerLFO, a new tool for me, a very easy to use sequencer, the duo peerlfo peerscale is very nice now.
I discover the interaction between ticks update and rate in ms in random mode, amazing, this subtick update is a killer update.
Now it sounds like you like it the way it is! Should I prevent re-triggering the same value? I think I should.

Thinking about it a bit more, it's just possible that the same random value could be chosen twice in which case it should allow the duplication. I should actually prevent it from sending a value if a new hasn't been chosen, which is slightly different.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

IXix wrote:
Klangkulisse wrote:The latest version BTDSys Peer LFO x86 - 2015.02.09. gives me an instant crash when loading older projects containing Peer LFO (using buzz 1499) :(
Can you send me a project?
Hi Ixix,
Downloaded the last version just a few minutes ago, no crashes anymore. :dance:

Tested a few old projects, they load faultless, loading faultless again after saving and leaving parameter window opened, so I think it works perfect.

Thank you for taking care of the btdsys heritage.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Klangkulisse wrote:Downloaded the last version just a few minutes ago, no crashes anymore. :dance:
Good, you had me worried for a minute. :D

Making good progress...
IXix

Post by IXix »

Okay, I've updated PeerLFO again...

+ Added de-assign button
+ Improved value update behaviour in subtick mode (avoid machine gun retrig)

I added code to prevent sending the same value repeatedly so Free updates should be usable with note params. Ideally the Update Freq param should be changed to either percentage of rate or tick/16 but that would break compatibility so that's for version 2.

Random seed and chahurs mods will also be in version 2 as there may be compatibility issues there too. I'll try to get around to that soon.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Thanks, Peer LFO not working as it should have, because in old Buzz, no subtick ctrl, it's really great that you have updated the beast, so powerful now, I like so much this machine, and I see it now apparently exactly the same but one word, a nice word, just before 1 param 14, free, changes all things.
Just one suggestion for lfo2 (just 1 I promise) increase the freq update, 16 is not enough, rate is up 4096 ticks, 254 like Accumulator would be cool, and why not some subdivisions, oh! stop, I say one and it's two now... :?
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Just one suggestion for lfo2 (just 1 I promise) increase the freq update, 16 is not enough, rate is up 4096 ticks, 254 like Accumulator would be cool, and why not some subdivisions, oh! stop, I say one and it's two now... :?
Yes, I was thinking that myself. Just got to think how best to do it.
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

IXix! you're the awesomeness in Awesome!
flat

Post by flat »

thank you for this precious update.
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Sometimes I get so inspired by reading old threads.
IXix

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote:Random seed and chahurs mods will also be in version 2 as there may be compatibility issues there too. I'll try to get around to that soon.
lol, fat chance! :roll: