beuze

Re: New Menu and themes

Post by beuze »

thanks for the prompt answer and the useful tips
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

I also have still problems here, but I found something surprising:

I switched back to build 1453 and loaded my latest bmx with the default theme. I opened the task manager to see my real CPU load, not the "new internal CPU monitor". if I play this more or less simple bmx the CPU goes sometimes up to 100%.
Now I did something very useful: I simply opened a menu position but I didn't make any choice just left the menu open ... The cpu consumption was reduced immediately by 50% through the whole track, I only used buzzmachines, no vst/vsti ... it works for every bmx I load ... funny :lol: I'll stay on this build for a while 'cause I have no chance to reduce cpu in the new builts 'cause the menu has changed ...
Furthermore I found out that in the debugger-window there is some lines showing some msc80? (assembly?) or so is missing on my computer ...
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

mantratronic wrote:Software rendering should be off, and it really suggests that there is a problem with your video card/driver/settings if there is no change when turning it on/off. Look in windows and your video settings for hardware acceleration, there is often a slider saying how acceleration much you want for windows/wpf. If this is set to none, if would explain why buzz is going so slow. (in general you want the max hardware acceleration anyway)
hardware acceleration is at maximum, but thank you for the hint.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

UNZ wrote:make sure windows is fully up to date.
get latest driver for your graphics card.
Thanks for the advice, but windows is fully up to date.
There was a funny coincidence regarding the graphic card driver.
Exactly on that day you reminded me to get latest driver, nvidia released a new version. :lol:
But sadly it didn't solve the cpu consumption of oskaris new dark theme. :?

So I came to the conclusion, that I have to build my own dark theme, that matches to the new dark pattern editor.
Or be patient and check upcoming builds, as Oskari pointed out, that there is a lot of change, which makes each new version kind of experimental.

Or is there still a possibility left where I could investigate?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

i didn't try this yet, but i will for mixio
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/aa969767.aspx
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

UNZ wrote:i didn't try this yet, but i will for mixio
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/aa969767.aspx
Allright - looks like a cool tool, I will check it out soon and see if it delivers any useful information.
Thanks for the link.
Csabi

Post by Csabi »

mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

For some reason that reminds me of Geometry Wars -

Csabi

Post by Csabi »

:lol: ultra scientific :)
Mozart von Robot

Post by Mozart von Robot »

Um...what new dark theme? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall or something to see the changes? I'm on build 1461 and I don't see "dark" anywhere in the theme menu. Feeling a bit left out, in that my Buzz looks pretty much the same as ever. No crazy colors in the sequencer, no rows per beat, and no dark theme. Where's everyone getting all this new stuff? I've been installing the updates whenever it has prompted me to.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

Mozart von Robot wrote:Um...what new dark theme? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall or something to see the changes? I'm on build 1461 and I don't see "dark" anywhere in the theme menu. Feeling a bit left out, in that my Buzz looks pretty much the same as ever. No crazy colors in the sequencer, no rows per beat, and no dark theme. Where's everyone getting all this new stuff? I've been installing the updates whenever it has prompted me to.
how about you just try the available themes in the menu ? i'll leave it as an excercise in "how to help yourself" instead of telling you which one it is.
Mozart von Robot

UNZ wrote:how about you just try the available themes in the menu ? i'll leave it as an excercise in "how to help yourself" instead of telling you which one it is.
I just have a bunch of old themes, some of which don't even work anymore. "ilKke - machines (extended)" seems to be the only one that makes any major difference, but the pattern view and sequence view still look like the old default, which leaves it all looking a mess. Am I missing some files?
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

Mozart von Robot wrote:
UNZ wrote:how about you just try the available themes in the menu ? i'll leave it as an excercise in "how to help yourself" instead of telling you which one it is.
I just have a bunch of old themes, some of which don't even work anymore. "ilKke - machines (extended)" seems to be the only one that makes any major difference, but the pattern view and sequence view still look like the old default, which leaves it all looking a mess. Am I missing some files?
no, the new theming stuff is still in development. what you are seeing in that theme is what we all have.

the old sequence view is incompatible with the new themes, and so is the old pattern editor. the new pattern editor (unfinished and not to be used) can be seen by pressing ctrl-q in the pattern editor, we are all looking forward to using it one day :)
Mozart von Robot

Oh, thanks! That clears it up. Then I'll just say it'll be interesting to see how this turns out. ^^
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

you can find some more theming action here : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=217&p=1708#p1708