Volume Effect machine suggestion?

vaisnava

Volume Effect machine suggestion?

Post by vaisnava »

So... I was programming my thousandth volume automation today and thought to myself, "How cool would it be if there was a machine that you could just set the beginning/starting volume, the ending/goal volume and the amount of Ticks you want it to take before reaching the End/Goal volume." Not quite like an LFO, cause it would stop after X amount of ticks. Inside the Effect you specify exact ticks for starting and stopping in case you needed something VERY specific.

Would just be useful for quick fades...

On top of that it would be nice if there were some Curve type shapes/math equations it could follow so it was not only linear.

It would be nice to have this as a separate effect, so you could put it in anywhere without have to deal with any Peer styled routing or Hex and interpolations inside each gen/effect.
UNZ

Re: Volume Effect machine suggestion?

Post by UNZ »

what you want is just high inertia. mixio can do this for you.
http://buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=1050
Dean

Post by Dean »

I think what we need for buzz is some buzz host/pxp support for custom evelopes which can be recalled in
pxp and would override the original non-linear interpolations/intertias.
Even if some old machines have only like 256 different settings on some sliders, many has much more,
and could use this with a low inertia setting with good result.
There is sort-of another topic for this already (about drawing envelopes n stuff),
but I think of this more like being able to draw your envelopes somewhere in the host and then recalling
them as a number in a column in pattern editor (I would much prefer this myself, like peerADSR, but curvy).
Think of it like having an envelope bank like we today have a table of samples.

Now as UNZ already mentioned, you can do what you want with any amp which has a decent inertia setting,
just set start volume, end volume and the time to "go" between these (inertia) and you have what you wanted.
as for peer machines, they usually have an on/off switch, don't they? so you could just manually hit off if you
wanted to stop in the middle of an envelope, if you would be using one of them.
mute

Post by mute »

Not only any amp with inertia, but there are also fade machines.. the latest was by dedacode; http://buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=787
IXix

Post by IXix »

I thought about adding some kind of fade command to IX Strip but it was more than I could handle at the time. I found envelopes quite scary back then (actually I'm still scared of envelopes :mrgreen:)
vaisnava

Post by vaisnava »

thanks mute :)
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Isn't it just easier to set the start and end volume in a pattern then CTRL-I it to interpolate the values? Anything else seems superfluous to an already simple procedure...
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

mcbpete wrote:Isn't it just easier to set the start and end volume in a pattern then CTRL-I it to interpolate the values? Anything else seems superfluous to an already simple procedure...
not if you edit it a few times, and over hundreds of ticks. then inertia is much easier, 1 value to change.
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

This is one area where I love templates. Recycling (long volume automation setups) rules! Making a few up and down fades (with different lengths/inertia) get you going in no-time.
Sorry for hijacking.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

Evelon wrote:This is one area where I love templates. Recycling (long volume automation setups) rules! Making a few up and down fades (with different lengths/inertia) get you going in no-time.
Sorry for hijacking.
*cough* that sounds like you have a submission sitting on your computer *cough*
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

mantratronic wrote:
Evelon wrote:This is one area where I love templates. Recycling (long volume automation setups) rules! Making a few up and down fades (with different lengths/inertia) get you going in no-time.
Sorry for hijacking.
*cough* that sounds like you have a submission sitting on your computer *cough*
You are right! I'll upload/contribute tomorrow.