Timeline numbers: Bar

mes

Timeline numbers: Bar

Post by mes »

When the timeline numbers are set to bar...shouldn't these numbers change based on the main TPB setting? A pattern of 1 bar at 8TPB is twice as long as a pattern of 1 bar at 4TPB, but the timeline GUI doesn't reflect this. (A 1 bar pattern at 16TPB shows that it's a 4 bar pattern on the timeline etc.) ..am I right, or just being crazy? lol
Last edited by mes on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mantratronic

Re: Timeline numbers: Bar

Post by mantratronic »

crazy :P just zoom out... you should have the flexability of the view working as you want to, just like you can have as much resolution on each Tick as you want in PXP and the new pattern editor.
mes

Post by mes »

zooming out doesn't change anything though...it still shows that a 1 bar pattern at 16tbp is 4 bars...and a 1 bar pattern at 8tpb as 2 bars, when it should still only be 1 bar. I'm sure you already know a bar at any certain tempo is still the same length, no matter the note resolution...but the way most trackers work you have to double the tick setting(or tempo) and pattern length to achieve this increase in resolution, which causes the timeline numbers (when set to bar) to be incorrect at anything higher than 4tb.

Should I be leaving the main tpb setting/pattern length alone??..and just use the pxp rows per beat setting instead for this increased note resolution? :ugeek: I guess my problem is that I'm thinking in an old fashioned way used by other trackers. lol

edit: also where is this new pattern editor I keep seeing in recent screenshots? :shock:
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

edit: also where is this new pattern editor I keep seeing in recent screenshots?

Somewhere in the settings menu, there is the possibility to hide the "new pattern editor" it seems it is disabled by default, just switch to enabled ... (I'm not at home at the moment, but I guess you find it in the pattern editor settings or so ;))
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

ctrl-q in pxp