Which keyboard? :shock:

Mu_

Which keyboard? :shock:

Post by Mu_ »

Hi all. A coupple weeks ago I spilled out a cup of tea with leaves on my poor Roland A-30... ))):::::::
Hopefully it was offline and I wasn't turned it on after this accident before my mendings. I dried it, dismounted it and have tried to clean it up using cleaning solutions - twice - first time just use a spray on keys inside a chasis and second one I dismounted it to the rubbers level but... what I gain was from 7 neighbour silent keys I got 4 or 5 scattered ones muted or devolumed keys. Now I buyied methyl alcohol (Couldn't ger isoprophyl alcohol) and I plan to clean each of rubber and electronic plates thoroughly. But if it will fail I have consider to buy a new kayboard. I found a 3 ones. Do you have any experience/recommendations or obiections with them which you can share /you know - sticky or jamming keys or other unwieldyness/? They are: M-Audio ProKeys Sono 88; Yamaha DGX-530 88-Key Portable Keyboard; Yamaha YPG-535 88-Key Portable Grand Keyboard; Korg SP170s Digital Piano, 88-Key or FATAR midi STUDIOLOGIC VMK 88. Espetially what do you think about last one?
Cheers
Mu.
domtron

Re: Which keyboard? :shock:

Post by domtron »

i would send it to roland for repair or maybe you know a good electrician.

a good keyboard not only made up of good mechanic and keys but also software.

roland is one of the best.
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

I think it is up to you to decide (personal taste, feel, comfort, weight, etc etc). Personally, I'm happy with my 88-keys Fatar Studio 900 (from the 14th century something).
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

I have a roland A-37 (with 76 synth weighted keys).
Only annoying thing now is that with my laptop i only have a crappy MIDI2USB cable which merges the MIDI channels or something wierd like that so I can't split the keyboard. :cry:. But that's the cables fault not the keyboards.
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Evelon wrote:I think it is up to you to decide (personal taste, feel, comfort, weight, etc etc). Personally, I'm happy with my 88-keys Fatar Studio 900 (from the 14th century something).
Well, personal taste is enough if quality and equipement of device is good and solid. I don't use this as portable keyboard. Rather as stationary, any movements are into my house area.
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Yeah, I mend my keyboard after 3.rd attempt. :) Only one thing needs replacement - which is DATA ENTRY slider. But it was broken already when I got this device. Only place I can buy it is Roland. I hope they can sell it separately, because idea of giving my keyboard to them for a week is a bad one...
Last edited by Mu_ on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

Mu_ wrote:Yeah, I mend my keyboard after 3.rd attempts. :) Only one thing needs replacement - which is DATA ENTRY slider. But it was broken already when I got this device. Only place I can buy it is Roland. I hope they can sell it separately, because idea of giving my keyboard to them for a week is a bad one...
btw. can you send a screenshot of that broken slider ? :)
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Well It isn't really broken - I ment spoiled. Do you want inner view of potentiometer or just be curious how looks like broken slider? Because I can disassemble it but it will need some time.
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

just wondered how it looks since i had a few spare parts.
fixed some sliders a couple of days ago myself.