native input / output

syphilissauna

native input / output

Post by syphilissauna »

last night I Was playing an improvisational noise show with a bunch of cats and wanted to process my girlfriends accordion via buzz .. Im not sure what Im doing wrong but I couldnt get buzz to see anything coming from the input on my interface .. I remember some builds ago the way i did this was by using polac in and simply selecting which input to use .. I tried this last night to no avail and then I remembered that the newer builds of Buzz are supposed to have native input and output .. so how do I set this up ? is there a specific machine I need to use ?
mcbpete

Re: native input / output

Post by mcbpete »

Yeah Polac ASIO In works but you may have to tinker with the attributes (right click on machine -> Attributes) depending on your sound card - I switch it to mono mode, then I can choose any of the 6 input from my audio interface. Make sure you don't use Polac Asio Mono In or Polac Asio Stereo In though, the new one that should would fine with all new builds is just called Polac Asio In.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

syphilissauna wrote:last night I Was playing an improvisational noise show with a bunch of cats
domtron

Post by domtron »

in the new builds it's called polac audio in.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

domtron wrote:in the new builds it's called polac audio in.
Doh, I wondered what that was ! :D
mute

Post by mute »

That's not for ASIO, thats for Window's... DirectX/MME/etc. ASIO In and ASIO Out are for PASIO
domtron

Post by domtron »

hmm, i asked frank about it and he told me to use the audio in for asio.
works very well.
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

snowglobe: i didnt see you there but apparently you were there with a camera ?! heh .
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

syphilissauna wrote:snowglobe: i didnt see you there but apparently you were there with a camera ?! heh .
Yeah, and confession time: It was me who tossed all those mice up on the stage; sorry man, couldn't resist (but really, I thought it worked out pretty well, compositionally).
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

:lol: