I Love Buzz

mantratronic

I Love Buzz

Post by mantratronic »

As mute said before in church, we often don't say "i love buzz" enough in public, so.... :roll:

I love buzz :) See the african shuffle thread for why i do tonight!
UNZ

Re: I Love Buzz

Post by UNZ »

i love buzz!

I love that i can open a bmx from 2001 and it still works :)
I love that its "total recall" / 100% digital workflow, never loose anything. Sold all my hardware :)
I love that it has the perfect middle-ground between modularity / complexity / ease and speed of use.
I love that its a continuation of older tracker principles / techniques.
I love that its beeing continuosly made better!
I love that it supports VST with possibly the best implementation of a VST loader out there! Cheers to Polac and Oskari and the many other machine coders!
mute

Post by mute »

Secondeded or firsteded.. great return to a proper topic :mrgreen:
deusdiabolus

Post by deusdiabolus »

I love that I can dive right in and start working out ideas, and when I get a little burned out for the night, I can come to the forums and it recharges me.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Like I love a human: for its growing personality and its cool looks off mainstream.
Dr3Tri

Post by Dr3Tri »

I've been in love over decade already. And i've not cheated her even once with other progs.
Besides many potential alternatives are commercial ones, which makes me see those as prostitutes. Have to give money to gain some "love". :P I want my love for free!

BUZZ is my number one. And will be, for ever!
nikmis

Post by nikmis »

I tried using other DAWs, but nothing works for me as well as buzz. its the best
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

i think it is the most flexible one out there. (which i use since 1998)

i would have switched to Renoise but BUZZ´s multipattern sequencer is something i have never seen anywhere else.
this way you can build up your tunes pretty fast and conveniently.
Kados

Post by Kados »

I've been Buzzing since 2000, and nothing even comes close to it! Certainly beats FL Studio, just for measures. :D Although I preferred the old Buzz, it's great that some COOL PEOPLE out there continued its development. :)
Reefer Sutherland

Post by Reefer Sutherland »

I love it too! :geek:

And I love that I find new ways to do stuff, and new stuff to do every time I use it...
And also, what UNZ said.

Kados: Why do you prefer the old version?
Kados

Post by Kados »

Because it was more stable on my comp. Also, I havent found the "Copy+Paste" function for the patterns, so I have to manually copy it from the machine's scrollable stuff to the pattern editor's dotted space... if this makes sense. :D Do u know what i mean?
peacemaker

Post by peacemaker »

Kados wrote:I havent found the "Copy+Paste" function for the patterns, so I have to manually copy it from the machine's scrollable stuff to the pattern editor's dotted space... if this makes sense. :D Do u know what i mean?
Just select some fields in the "dotted space" and press Ctrl-T. ;)

You really should give the new versions a chance. A lot of things have changed for the better. A short learning curve will be rewarded by a much faster workflow, and there's so many of other improvements.
Reefer Sutherland

Post by Reefer Sutherland »

Kados wrote:Because it was more stable on my comp. Also, I havent found the "Copy+Paste" function for the patterns, so I have to manually copy it from the machine's scrollable stuff to the pattern editor's dotted space... if this makes sense. :D Do u know what i mean?
As Mr. Peacemaker said.. ctrl+t is probably what you're looking for.
Take a look at my playlist on youtube.
If you have any problems or questions with NuBuzz, just ask away. We are a friendly bunch :)
tinga

Post by tinga »

This night, playing with old bmx (2002) i use an old machine, Mathieu Routhier's soundfont player, i thought it didn't work, but it was just because my sf2 were not at the same place :roll: , this machine is very cool, so i make a small wave sequencer synth (lfo/accumulator on presets), with the fluid r3 gm sf2, and lot of fun, just 1 reason among 10000 for which i love buzz, the best friend of my insomnia :geek: