Modern-Standby - A problem for Buzz

HerrFornit

Modern-Standby - A problem for Buzz

Post by HerrFornit »

Hi,

I am looking for a new buzz laptop. I am trying a LG gram laptop with windows 11 pro here. By doing this I am confronted with the modern-standby problem of "new "laptops/notebooks. I haven't had this with my old Desktop PC. As I was told, the problem is, that it is not possible on some devices to set a high-performance power scheme, which is essential for DPC latencies, you know .... Only the balanced scheme ist possible (here). I checked out the availabe powerstates with powercfg /a in cmd window. Only the S0 is available.

By chance I found out, that the free FL-Studio trial version is able to set a high performance power scheme, after starting the program ! dont know why it can, while I cant. :?: (you can use FL studio as VST plugin in buzz then ;) )
I found out how to export the high performance power scheme by exporting the scheme into a file while running the FLstudio program. Then I could reimport it and set it as active power scheme. Unfortunateley after restart of windows its gone again, What a surprise. So I had to import it again.

By extending my old automatic script for starting buzz in high performance mode, I reimport the scheme everytime when buzz starts. After closing buzz, it will return automatically to balanced scheme :)

If you are interested in the the script here it is. s. also the attatchments for the files. You have to change the folders accordingly. The zip file also contains the icon to start it minimized. I dont know if the scheme file works for you, too. Otherwise you could export it by your own on your device in cmd windows (or setting your existing scheme without importing line). Use "powercfg /list" for GUID of the schemes.

Code: Select all

@Echo Off
chcp 1252 >nul
powercfg /import C:\Users\MEM\Desktop\Highperformance 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635d
Powercfg /setactive 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635d
Start  /wait "C:\Program Files\Jeskola\Buzz\buzz_x64.exe" "C:\Program Files\Jeskola\Buzz\buzz_x64.exe"
Powercfg /setactive 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e
REM Powercfg /delete 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c
Attachments
BuzzHighperformance.zip
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Last edited by HerrFornit on Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:53 am, edited 8 times in total.
IXix

Re: Modern-Standby - A problem for Buzz

Post by IXix »

Where there's a will... :D
HerrFornit

Re: Modern-Standby - A problem for Buzz

Post by HerrFornit »

IXix wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:51 pm Where there's a will... :D
... there is a way
and windows's will ist hard (sometimes ;) )

EDIT: I added a delete scheme line into the code window so renaming the GUID is not necessary any more, changed the GUIDs to "´ending with "c" on my notebook. (Due to a lag by windows setting the new schemes, causing "already exists" error messages I originally renamed the GUID). You can REM the delete line out if wanna keep it. (Didnt change the zip, sorry)