The New Hard disk Recorders Issue.

bahador

The New Hard disk Recorders Issue.

Post by bahador »

The thing I was afraid of has shown up. I get the attached error while exporting the song with the new hard disk recorder.

My sound card is M-Audio Delta 10/10 LT and I’m on the built 1410 | 48000 | 32 bit float & I have tried all the drivers taken from polac drivers all the way to buzz default drivers.

When trying the export the song I set the bitrates on 32bit float as well and as soon as I press the loop recorder or loop rendered buttons buzz crashes and gives me the attached error and freezes.

---- please find the picture on my next post -------
Last edited by bahador on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcbpete

Re: The New Hard disk Recorders Issue.

Post by mcbpete »

About bahadorkharazmi.com:
What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 89 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 11 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-12-09, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-12-09.

Malicious software includes 12 scripting exploit(s), 8 exploit(s), 2 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 8 new process(es) on the target machine.
I'd probably get that one fixed first ....
engine

Post by engine »

iirc mute told you already that the M-Audio drivers got some quirks esp. in win7.
also try to set your samplerate to 44khz. dont ask why .... just try it.
bahador

Post by bahador »

it took me forever to fix my damn website attack issue. i think it is fixed now please find the picture and by the way why i can not edit my previous posts?

mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

You should be able to edit that post again, it was locked (probably a precaution against malicious stuff, not really sure).

As for the HDR issue :? I wish I knew enough to help but I have no idea :(
bahador

Post by bahador »

Thank you so much mantratronic for unlocking the post. I removed the damaged link.

And I hope I get to use the new hdr but it's not possible at the moment I can hardly understand anything from that alert I have enclosed the link to. Thanks anyway.
mute

Post by mute »

engine wrote:iirc mute told you already that the M-Audio drivers got some quirks esp. in win7.
also try to set your samplerate to 44khz. dont ask why .... just try it.
nah, that's antonio.. my maudio 410&1010 pci are just fine and dandy. Also, unless I'm mistaken... HD recording is rendering, it doesnt rely on the soundcard. And the 'NaN' (NotaNumber) value that is throwing the error is more likely related to the interface (WPF) than audio code.
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

Like many other things in new buzz, it requires Settings->Engine->SubTickTiming == True.
bahador

Post by bahador »

Thank you so much oskari, it is now fixed and works like a charm.

guys please accept my apology i know it might be considered as a huge crime to ask this question, and believe me i have learned music with a different terminology so it's a bit hard to understand the Latin expressions for stuffs.

so can anyone please tell me what subtick timing is for? and what does it do when you turn it on or off and what was the reason it has been added to the new buzz?

thank you so much.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

ok, this might get a bit confusing, and I am simplifying some technical aspects, but as I understand it subtick timing works like this:

a tick is a line in the pattern, so for 4 tpb, we have 4 ticks, 4 lines, per one beat.
to change the parameters of a machine, we enter the new value on a line (= tick)
this is the ONLY time a parameter should change due to how old buzz works
but lets say we want to update the parameter more than 4 times a beat (ie an LFO):
we now need to update that value without using the old tick methods, and so need a SUBtick (which is like a second compared to a tick being a minute)
with old buzz, a parameter could only change once a tick, so an LFO could only have one step/tick, or 4 steps/beat in our example.
with subtick timing turned on in new buzz, the parameter will change value lots of times each tick, about 96 steps/beat (i think its 96, not certain)
this gives much smoother changes, with higher fidelity, as well as allowing all the complicated new tricks oskari has added to new buzz. (like patternXP and i guess the hd recorder)

an LFO with a length of one beat for example:

Code: Select all

Ticks:     0              1              2             3
old buzz:  128            256            128           0
new buzz:  128    196     256     196    128     64    0     64
mute

Post by mute »

with old buzz, a parameter could only change once a tick, so an LFO could only have one step/tick, or 4 steps/beat in our example.
[17:01:10] <@mute> that's not entirely true
[17:01:38] <@mute> the rest is accurate tho
[17:02:30] <@mute> lfo would update for each tpb on a tick (4 times by default), on like philthy for example
[17:02:48] <@mute> in a tracker, most of them also had subtick divide
[17:02:49] <@mute> so does pvst
[17:02:57] <@mute> so you could define greater detail
[17:03:23] <@mute> this still applies to new buzz if you use the old pattern <built-in> editor.. iirc
[17:03:33] <@mute> on manual machines, like filters
[17:03:52] <@mute> thats why you had machines with inertias that could do like .10, etc.
[17:04:01] <@mute> one of the reasons anyways
[17:04:57] <@mute> peer machines also had some extra magic

Someone else can correct me where im wrong, if I'm misunderstood..
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

I am simplifying some technical aspects
:P I guess I shouldn't have chosen the LFO for an example..
mute wrote:[17:04:57] <@mute> peer machines also had some extra magic
I think you are correct except for the peer stuff, as the tval[] parameter variable would be updated, but this wouldnt feed into the internal variable of the machine until tick() was called. You would need the target machine to have inertia on the parameter you were LFO'ing, where as in nubuzz you can keep it all in the peer.
bahador

Post by bahador »

Thank you so much guys for the infos I got it somehow and by the way now that oskari has made this feature possible in the nubuzz, why it is optional? I mean why would anyone want to set the subtick timing to false?

Is there still any need to keep the old method? (subtick timing == false) ?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

i guess its still around for compatibility reasons, altough i have never experienced a problem when its TRUE...
bahador

Post by bahador »

so it i will be removed after a while unz?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

bahador wrote:so it i will be removed after a while unz?
i dont know, but i see no reason to remove it. The default is ON anyway, right.