Problem? - Joachim's Uranus v0.6 beta

Kados

Problem? - Joachim's Uranus v0.6 beta

Post by Kados »

Hi all!
Have you ever encountered a problem with Uranus? It seemed to work fine, when I incorporated it into a song, but then started to glitch seriously.
There's a Trilok (with an EQ-3 XP) going through it. Before and when it starts to play, nothing's wrong. But when its part ends (doesn't matter how, either gets muted or the Trilok pattern ends, etc), Uranus's CPU usage escalates from around 20-30% waaay up and tears the whole song apart.
I tried lots of stuff (like not muting them for a long time, and bypassing the Uranus at a point), with no good solution, but I like this machine and don't want to take it out.
Do you know of anything that could help?
Peace!
UNZ

Re: Problem? - Joachim's Uranus v0.6 beta

Post by UNZ »

yes, its BETA for a reason...

iirc it has serious denormal issues, your best bet is to keep it running (feeding it some very very low noise maybe)
ags

Post by ags »

UNZ wrote:your best bet is to keep it running (feeding it some very very low noise maybe)
Which is what this machine was made for.
Kados

Post by Kados »

Thanks for the Fiexer tip. I meanwhile managed to come up with another solution:
Trilok mustn't be muted the whole song, and Uranus gets a bypass when it's not needed, and also gets no mute.
Peace!
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

The Uranus is indeed beta for a reason. It requires sick amounts of CPU considering it's less than impressive sound quality. I was close to not releasing it, but a lot of people liked it's weirdness.

I do have plans for it, though, as it is a part of my Planet series project. I just gotta figure out how to make it not suck.