Reaper (out) to Buzz (in) ?

fetus ink

Reaper (out) to Buzz (in) ?

Post by fetus ink »

I can't search the old forums for any info for obvious reasons, but I'm wondering if there is any way to send the master out of Reaper, to an input in Buzz? I prefer using my large multi-sampled libraries within reaper, but as far as drums and synth work, I'd still like to do all of that within Buzz (not to mention have access to some of those great machines)

And actually, if this /is/ possible, what about between 2 different computers (or more)? I'd like to use my tank computer for these sample sets, and then maybe shoot the audio to my lesser of the 2 computers in Buzz. If this were doable ... I think I might die.
snowglobe

Re: Reaper (out) to Buzz (in) ?

Post by snowglobe »

fetus ink wrote:I can't search the old forums for any info for obvious reasons, but I'm wondering if there is any way to send the master out of Reaper, to an input in Buzz? I prefer using my large multi-sampled libraries within reaper, but as far as drums and synth work, I'd still like to do all of that within Buzz (not to mention have access to some of those great machines)

And actually, if this /is/ possible, what about between 2 different computers (or more)? I'd like to use my tank computer for these sample sets, and then maybe shoot the audio to my lesser of the 2 computers in Buzz. If this were doable ... I think I might die.
All that you wish is possible. Audio into buzz from another computer is a breeze with Polac ASIO tools (plus ASIO4All if you don't have actual ASIO hardware).

Audio from Reaper into Buzz on the same machine is also possible via ASIO connections or virtual audio cable (there's jack for Windows among others). Been a while, but I've done it both ways.
ags

Post by ags »

fetus ink

Post by fetus ink »

Thanks for the replies. I just re-downloaded reaper and installed ReaRout ASIO. The problem is, when I select the regular "ASIO" as my driver in buzz, ReaRoute ASIO does not show up in the list. What can I do help it 'find' the driver?

I'd attempt using the Polac ASIO driver, but I still have an issue that wasn't resolved before the forum crashed, but I'll make a new post about that so topics don't start getting all confused in here.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

fetus ink wrote:Thanks for the replies. I just re-downloaded reaper and installed ReaRout ASIO. The problem is, when I select the regular "ASIO" as my driver in buzz, ReaRoute ASIO does not show up in the list. What can I do help it 'find' the driver?
Did you install 64-bit Reaper? If so, maybe try uninstalling and seeing if the 32-bit version gets ReaRoute going for you.
ags

Post by ags »

If you can't get it to work, also check out Wornhole2.