Do Midi Controllers "transport controls" work in Buzz?

vaisnava

Do Midi Controllers "transport controls" work in Buzz?

Post by vaisnava »

Hi I would like to know if the standard Transport controls on most midi keyboard controllers can work to "play, stop, record, rewind" etc in Buzz? If not is there a possibility of implementing this? It would be nice to be able to record and rewind on the fly. (not to mention undo previous recording if it sucked by the press of an assignable Midi button).

Thanks
mute

Re: Do Midi Controllers "transport controls" work in Buzz?

Post by mute »

You can use Polac MIDIVst for Clock & Transport OUT to gear.

For transport IN from gear, you can use IX Transport, which used to be hosted here but it appears the link is down
http://ixix.110mb.com/software/buzz/IX% ... HA%202.zip

I've uploaded a copy here in case that URL doesn't work: http://www.lazytrap.com/buzz/IX%20Trans ... HA%202.zip

IX?

On a related note, we need to start a thread to post machines released only @ BC.. either that or start putting them on all buzzmachines.com
mute

Post by mute »

IX wrote:Okay, recording and CC control added. Watch out though 'cos if Buzz is recording then it will record changes to the stop/play/record param too.

Default values for the CC attributes are currently...

0x17 / 23 - Stop
0x18 / 24 - Play
0x19 / 25 - Record

which is what my Oxygen8 transport buttons send out (my machine ) but if enough people can agree on different defaults I'll change them. You can easily set your own defaults in gear.xml or make a preset or a template.
IXix

Post by IXix »

mute wrote:IX Transport, which used to be hosted here but it appears the link is down
Funny, someone else asked about this machine just yesterday. My free hosting got booted but I've uploaded it to my dropbox. I'll do the same for any others that aren't on buzzmachines yet after the holidays.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

mute wrote:On a related note, we need to start a thread to post machines released only @ BC.. either that or start putting them on all buzzmachines.com
yes. i'd prefer them on BM, but either way is good. if it's here, maybe in the dev section with an "as is" disclaimer at the top of a thread? and an option for the author to request we remove machines or something. (so we dont step on anyone's toes, I don't really think anyone would care)
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

+1 for BM

its not like all the machines there are bug-free, so another few betas won't hurt ;)
peacemaker

Post by peacemaker »

yeah, what's up with bm "lately"? the christmas wishes from last year are news item #3 from the top :D