RnZnAnFnCnRnL VST adapters

peacemaker

RnZnAnFnCnRnL VST adapters

Post by peacemaker »

So, I have found a couple of buzz files from ~2001 that use RnZnAnFnCnRnL/RnZnAnFnCnR/RnZnAnF VST/VSTi adapters, which don't seem to work well in new Buzz versions.

I am planning to create a VM with VirtualBox, install WinXP and a old Buzz version so I can at least find out if some of the tracks are worth to preserve. Maybe then copy notes/parameters by hand to a Polac VST loader or a Buzz native instrument.

Is there a way to do this that is less complicated? :?
I would like to simply open these old files in nubuzz but I don't think it is possible. :cry:
elekt

Re: RnZnAnFnCnRnL VST adapters

Post by elekt »

Your best bet is namdans Buzzhelper - http://www.buzzmachines.com/utils.php
It will let you delete/add/replace machines without losing patterns, and without opening the bmx in buzz. I haven't used this in a long time, but last I remember some features of it were being incorporated into another utility by namdans. Not sure how far that was taken. Good luck. Drop us a line here if switching adapters works.
vaisnava

Post by vaisnava »

stuff like this makes me LOVE the buzz community! :)
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

right. it works for OLD files.
i was able to exchange some buggy machines (like shaman chorus) which rendered some tracks unloadable in new BUZZ builds.
peacemaker

Post by peacemaker »

Fortunately, nuBuzz does load the notes/pattern data even when a machine is missing. And looking into a bmx with a text or hex editor, I can find out which VST plugin was used.