WhiteNoise's Looper

phuzzy

WhiteNoise's Looper

Post by phuzzy »

Hi guys, I just discovered that Buzz is once again being actively developed and I am just over the moon about being able to use it on Win7! :-)

However, in restoring old buzz songs I ran into a serious problem with WhiteNoise's Looper (the original one, not Looper 2) - it simply refuses to load, whatever I do to it. It throws a "LoadLibrary (C:\Program Files\...\Generators\WhiteNoise's Looper.dll) failed / The specified module could not be found" error if I try to bring it into a clean song, and additionally crashes Buzz if I try to open an old song that has it. Looper 2, intriguingly, works just fine.

I'd gladly just switch to using Looper 2, and replace/rebuild the old tunes with Looper 2, but there are simply too many of them (cca. 30-40, in various stages of completeness) that use an average of 2-3 Loopers with lots of fidgeting with the beat loops, so I'd really rather find a way to make the machine work and rescue my old grooves. :-)

I've tried most of the advice here on using older machines, edited the gear_defaults.xml, dumped all the old DLLs (without overwriting) into the Buzz folder, added msvcr70.dll and msvcr71.dll, but nothing really works, so any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers!
UNZ

Re: WhiteNoise's Looper

Post by UNZ »

mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

I believe msvcp60.dll is also needed for some machines ...
mute

Post by mute »

WN Looper is older than vs6 or 7.. and actually, it appears it requires a debug dll from vs2003 (shame-shame-young-version-of-WN!) - msvcrtd.dll

Tip to the wise since you are stepping back in the pool; the above example is a good reason to steer clear of old machines (pre-2000).

The missing dll shouldn't be causing (modern) Buzz to crash..
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

mute wrote:WN Looper is older than vs6 or 7.. and actually, it appears it requires a debug dll from vs2003 (shame-shame-young-version-of-WN!) - msvcrtd.dll

Tip to the wise since you are stepping back in the pool; the above example is a good reason to steer clear of old machines (pre-2000).

The missing dll shouldn't be causing (modern) Buzz to crash..
vs2003 = vs7.1 (and hows 2003 pre-2000?)

Looper=1999. Got my VC versioning wrong, but the 2000 statement has nothing to do with VC but the evolution of buzz and developers. i'm not sayin all old machines are bad by any reason, but most of them have better, more reliable, and newer counterparts. plus the ratio of buggy to not is much higher in the old stuff.
phuzzy

Post by phuzzy »

YAY!

Thanks guys, it was, indeed, msvcrtd.dll, as confimer by Dependency Walker. I can hear (and edit) my old music again! :-D

Looper wasn't an old machine when I used it, but for all future projects I'll stick with v2. :-)

Cheers!