Sgorpi mtw source?

pac

Sgorpi mtw source?

Post by pac »

I could really use a 64-bit version of Sgorpi's Multitrack Writer. If the source is available somewhere I can try make the build myself. Unless anyone knows a good alternative? For those who don't know, it's perfect for converting buzz tracks into lots of individual, perfectly synchronized parts so you can easily import the whole thing into a traditional rack-based DAW (protools, adode audition...) for mastering or sending the project to non-buzz (unenlightened) people.
IXix

Re: Sgorpi mtw source?

Post by IXix »

Don't think sgorpi made the source available. If you can do C# you might want to have a look at the Jeskola Loop Recorder source (in the BuzzGUI repository) and see if you can make something out of that. I don't know C# very well but I think it should be fairly easy to do something similar to MTW.
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Anything new on this topic? :-)
mute

Post by mute »

sgorpi

Post by sgorpi »

Hi guys,

sorry, I've been out of touch with the buzz community for a while. I should have the sources somewhere on a harddrive which I can access only at the end of this week...

I'll report back then.
sgorpi

Post by sgorpi »

I hope the forum attachments work. If so, you'll find the sources to MTW in the zip file. Don't expect super neat code, but do with it as you like :)
Attachments
sgorpi_mtw.zip
source project directory for sgorpi mtw
(56.96 KiB) Downloaded 523 times
pac

Post by pac »

Hey sgorpi I forgive you for being out of touch and I love you. Hey I'm getting the hang of this. Here's the modified source and 64-bit DLL. The required modifications were removal of MDK dependency and removing the "struct member alignment" setting which caused one of those mysterious crashes.
  • because of MDK removal and me being lazy, this version treats everything as stereo, I don't think it makes much difference though.
  • the source that you posted was slightly different from the previously published mtw, in that it added a random number to exported file names. I just removed the feature so it acts exactly like the published version, unless I missed another difference.
Now I can export my buzztracks that take 7GB of RAM!
Attachments
sgorpi_mtw_x64_source.zip
(46.23 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
sgorpi_mtw_x64_dll.zip
(12.69 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
IXix

Post by IXix »

Thanks sgorpi and pac for sharing. :)
sgorpi

Post by sgorpi »

Cool!

I'm not sure why I added the extra random number. Maybe to prevent overwriting a recorded channel when the song loops or something. Anyways, thanks for the porting :) enjoy!
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

This is awesome news. Sgorpi, I use the mtw all the time.

Maybe this functionality could be integrated into MixIO in some way? Because that would be awesome. :D
ohmegah7

Post by ohmegah7 »

mridlen wrote:This is awesome news. Sgorpi, I use the mtw all the time.

Maybe this functionality could be integrated into MixIO in some way? Because that would be awesome. :D
my god that would be great
bozz

Post by bozz »

pac wrote:... or sending the project to non-buzz (unenlightened) people.
Well said. I was unenlightened many many many years ago, when I checked buzz, did not understand it at all, or was confused of its method, many years later, knowing seeing other software, just I recognized how perfect its sequencer view is! Plus the ENTER switching from sequencer to pattern, in both directions. Scale, add some breaks here and there. Nothing can beat such a sequencing concept. Every DAW should have this. For arranging I mean. The rest concepts they can still keep, but for arranging this is the coolest method I have seen.

What would be the real-time equivalent of sgorpi mtw? e.g. for routing from Buzz to Reaper? So you could have best of both worlds. Coolness of buzz for composing, arranging, coolness of Reaper for its mixing capabilities. So you could play in Buzz, but with fatter sound, as you would use some Reaper tricks behind it.

Tried to test this quickly, could anyone give a short hint how to use sgorpi multi track writer? Ok, I routed e.g. 3 generators to it. How do I start the recording process? I tried a few things, pressing REC in buzz, pressing rec in the plugin, somehow I am missing something important? Or do I have to use some secret menu, with render or so? Thanks for any useful hints.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

somehow I am missing something important?
Yep! mtw needs a separate "column" or better track in the master for every track you want to record ... e.g. you need a this track and a start and a stop pattern in it.
I'm away from my Buzz-setup at the moment, but you put a 0 for record start and a 1 for stop (or just the other way round, don't know exactly at the moment and you can put it at the exactly right place in the sequence-view, So, finally mtw records all the tracks, or just parts of it, just as u want ... it's also fine for "punch in's" ... hope it makes it more clear now ...