buzz forums

forums of the buzz
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 am 

Location: Steinberg UR12, AKG 702, Roland A-49 (not in use), PC: Xeon 1230v3 8GB, Win10x64pro
Ok me again.

you probably all know that, but I just found out by chance, that you can solve the GUI problem of the 64 bit VST (s. above) by using the bridge setting, s. picture (mouse over GUI + CONTROL+ALT)
Disadvantage: Closing of the GUI with the cross doest work, you have to close the extra PVST window. Anyway, you can use the pull down menu then!!
Attachment:
bridge small.jpg
bridge small.jpg [ 82.44 KiB | Viewed 793 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:18 am 

Just tried using Polac VST to load Cheapo Amp (in order to control it through Polac MIDI In) and when I set the gain to 0, either through MIDI or by click-dragging the slider, I instead get full gain - same with toggling mute on/off (it'll cut the audio for a split-second, but then return to full volume - and it completely ignores the gain, so, bizarrely, 0.5% gain will be nearly inaudible until mute is turned on, at which point it's full-volume).

It works fine (0 gain = 0 audio) if I route Polac MIDI In > Polac MIDI Bus > PeerCtrl > (native) Cheapo Amp, which is a bit mental, but beautifully so :D

I tried loading DedaCode StereoGain v2 in Polac VST, and it worked fine.

If I had to take a guess at why this is happening, maybe Cheapo Amp is using 1 as its minimum value internally and 0 as a "null"?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21