VST GUI opening problem.

synthphase

VST GUI opening problem.

Post by synthphase »

Sorry if this has been brought up in the Polac VST thread, I only gave it a cursory glance before posting..

So when a VST GUI refuses open what's to be done? I've tried double click, left-click > "editor", hitting F11 and trying again, hitting escape or ctrl+f4 and trying again, saving a template and opening in a new song (total crash), dragging the Bmx into Buzz, to no avail. It almost seems like the GUI is loading on another monitor, only I don't have one hooked up. My workaround so far is to reload the VST and manually browse or select a preset, but if you haven't saved a preset, or if you're dealing with Reaktor patches or something, you're just stuck with whatever is somehow loaded in the background...

Is there a fix or a workaround for this? There's so many variables because of the feature richness of the Polac adapter that I feel like I could take all day trouble-shooting the issue.
domtron

Re: VST GUI opening problem.

Post by domtron »

what is the name of the plugin,reaktor?

i've got some problems opening the gui and then had some freezings using ni guitar rig and kontakt (x64) when midi cc's are send to them from a pattern.
uncheck "embed vst gui" solved the problem but i wrote to ni anyway.
polac

Re: VST GUI opening problem.

Post by polac »

Hi, by default the vst gui should show up centered on your primary display monitor, if the gui is opened for the first time. What happens if you try to open the gui via machine doubleclick and then pressing ctrl+shift? This should also center the gui on your primary display again. Or does the settings view open for you via shift+doubleclick the machine?