Multi IO design idea

Joachip

Multi IO design idea

Post by Joachip »

Ok, here's a random brainfart that would take me quite a while to figure out to do myself. But after having played around with MixIO and the new Polac ASIO, I got this idea on how to simplify using multi IO machines. Instead of the current approach:

I want to make the shape of the machine change along with its number of inputs and outputs. This would have several advantages as far as I can see:

1) You can directly see how many inputs and outputs a multi IO machine has.
2) You can connect directly to the correct input without using the right-click menu at all.
3) I just think it would be more intuitive to see the inputs lined up in a row. Also, if two machines are connected to the same input, this would be really easy to recognize.

oskari
Site Admin

Re: Multi IO design idea

Post by oskari »

Joachip wrote: 2) You can connect directly to the correct input without using the right-click menu at all.
Actually this can be done already by using the tab key while connecting.
IXix

Re: Multi IO design idea

Post by IXix »

The only problem I have with the multi-io graphics is that when you have curved lines enabled, the channel indicators obscure each other. Would it be possible to have the input/output indicators displayed either on either side of the connection triangle, or perhaps midway between the triangle and the source/destination machine?