copy & paste

mute

copy & paste

Post by mute »

It would be mighty handy if copy&paste from machine view carried across different sessions.

Open BMX, copy some machines (with patterns), Close BMX
Open 2nd BMX, paste into machine view (with pattern data)
mute

Re: copy & paste

Post by mute »

oh holy shit, it already works. outstanding. well.. consider this post a FAQ then for us idiots ;P

awesome feature oskari. dunno why it didnt occur to me earlier.
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

Seems we're only a stones throw away from being able to copy a patternXP format and paste it to an old pattern, retaining all the old data... drool..
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

synthphase wrote:Seems we're only a stones throw away from being able to copy a patternXP format and paste it to an old pattern, retaining all the old data... drool..
i dont think that will ever happen, all the mfc stuff will go away, but dream on :)
i really dont see a reason for doing that either hehe
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

Maybe I should clarify: An old PatternXP pattern. Retaining all the formatting of a new PXP pattern and pasting it onto an old PXP pattern creates the drool. For example, when you have an old pattern with only one or two machines with just volume columns represented and you've subsequently added like four of five other columns and maybe some effects too.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

synthphase wrote:Maybe I should clarify: An old PatternXP pattern. Retaining all the formatting of a new PXP pattern and pasting it onto an old PXP pattern creates the drool. For example, when you have an old pattern with only one or two machines with just volume columns represented and you've subsequently added like four of five other columns and maybe some effects too.
oh i see, but doesn't "create copy" do exactly that ?
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

No that creates a new pattern, so your old ones are left with whatever format you thought sufficient at the time.

Just as an example, here's something that happens to me a lot:

- I create a VSTI, maybe add some effects that I want to automate to the pattern with patternXP, maybe a drum machine too.

- I strip down the view to only the things I want to automate, for instance I don't need the VST global params, I don't need note cut, or the Polac adapter command column (can't remember what it's called now, but you use it to set inertia, or send program changes), so I take these columns out of the view. Nice and stripped down.

- I subsequently realize through tweaking the song that I want to automate something else that I left out, like the aforementioned Polac command column, and use it to say, set the inertia on a tracks automation.

- Now, if I want to have the song play the old pattern, the inertia wont go back off or to whatever it was set to when I programmed it. I have to add the column into that track to set it back to what it was.

So imagine that this happens for a dozen other things and you can see how easily one could get confused, going back to an old PXP format.