BattleComp Vintage compressor VST updated

Joachip

BattleComp Vintage compressor VST updated

Post by Joachip »

http://www.robotplanet.dk/audio/vst_battlecomp_vintage/
  • Output volume no longer changes slightly when switching between output limiter modes.
  • "Big" frequency range changed to 15-500 Hz.
Evelon

Re: BattleComp Vintage compressor VST updated

Post by Evelon »

Thank you!
Shro0m

Post by Shro0m »

:D
Dean

Post by Dean »

the new version seems to steal a lot of cpu in some older projects (the old version never did)...
anyone else found this? I can try to find a way to recreate this if anyone else is bothered,
otherwise I'll just replace the new machine with the old machine in those songs which are affected.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Dean: You'll have to come up with some more facts. Please fill this out to give me an idea of what is going on:

How many % cpu does it use:
What settings are you using?:
CPU (model, GHz):
samplerate:
Buzz version:
Operating system:
Dean

Post by Dean »

Joachip wrote:Dean: You'll have to come up with some more facts. Please fill this out to give me an idea of what is going on:

How many % cpu does it use:
What settings are you using?:
CPU (model, GHz):
samplerate:
Buzz version:
Operating system:
in short: i7 cpu, 44khz, latest Buzz, win64 64-bit.
While "peaking" each battlecomp would use around 25% of cpu (multi thread-mode)...
normally it will use around 1% or maybe 2 or 3 (don't remember), nothing that counts really.
I'll try to describe this problem further after I've tested again.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Are you sure those CPU spikes come from the compressor and not some other app running in Windows somewhere? It's quite common for Windows to suddenly suck up a lot of CPU in small bursts, because so many weird services are enabled in a normal Windows installation by default. Do you see these spikes in Buzz' CPU measurement thing or in the task manager?
Dean

Post by Dean »

Joachip wrote:Are you sure those CPU spikes come from the compressor and not some other app running in Windows somewhere? It's quite common for Windows to suddenly suck up a lot of CPU in small bursts, because so many weird services are enabled in a normal Windows installation by default. Do you see these spikes in Buzz' CPU measurement thing or in the task manager?
sorry for not being clear, it's in the CPU table. But I think it relates to a certain data stream passing through the machine...
(so although not depending completely on this compressor, it is the way this compressor handles something which is "not audio"... u get my grit'?)

if you remember some old machines in buzz would "overload" if they have silence, or other non-audio data, or just suddenly start honkin' the system up.
BCVC is not the only machine to do this, I still have this problem with e.g. BG Compressors/gates, but BCVC takes 25% when honkin',
BG Comp takes only around 5% when honkin' (and usually it's less than 1%, I think).

sidenote: Can you please recommend me some website or etc to find where I can optimize win7?
I need more cpu power to run one of my current buzz projects...
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

i think you mean denormals.
Dean

Post by Dean »

UNZ wrote:i think you mean denormals.
true :) didn't know the term before... I hope in this light JoaChip can understand my post.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Apparently the i7 has a big problems with denormals as all the other Intel CPUs. Here's a fix until i figure out how to properly fix the code itself:

(Polac just thought of everything, didn't he? :D)