POLAC - Jeskola Pianoroll variable bug report.

Mu_

POLAC - Jeskola Pianoroll variable bug report.

Post by Mu_ »

Hi guys and hi Frank ;)
In my earlier topic about exporting MIDI from Buzz (which didn't get no response) I suggested that maybe a length of my track is a problem for Buzz.
Because everyone gave a shit about it I decided to find a source of problem on my own.
To be brief it wasn't a track itself. And it wasn't a particular VST bug. And it is not a bug at all. ;)
Then what is it?
I'm not a programmer at all, but I tried to learn a little of Java, C++ and all what I achieved was one or two chapters finished. ;)
But it was enough for me for find a cause of described problem which relies on to small container (variable declaration?) for sounding notes for Jeskola Pianoroll while using VST machines.
Namely - if you use a VST machine - no matter which - even Jeskola XS-1 - if you exceed 2184 row (547 beats minus 3 rows, assuming four rows per beat) with any value - Pianoroll Editor gets unable to determine any notes so it content looks empty while Pattern XP Editor can see and edit everything.
Only way to exceed 2184 barrier is to put off sign in note column - than you can place further off's and only them. No sounding notes at all.
So note column at row 2184 has to end with a note or the off sign.
This limitation in Pianoroll took place only with VST machines - Jeskola native generators work fine.
Thats why I claim it is a case of declaration to small variable. To be honest firstly I thought it is the Pianoroll limitation.
Cheers
Mu.

http://www.filedropper.com/polac-pianorollbug
polac

Re: POLAC - Jeskola Pianoroll variable bug report.

Post by polac »

Hi,

I don't think it's a loader bug. You can also reproduce this with Qsamo for example if you set the pattern length long enough say 5000 beats with rpb at 4. If you switch from pxp to the piano roll the notes don't get converted then.
Mu_

Re: POLAC - Jeskola Pianoroll variable bug report.

Post by Mu_ »

Well, agree, but while checked out I discovered that from certain position notes at the end allow to convert to the Pianoroll but after switching back the ending notes disappeared. So still it looks for me as a problem of a too big content putted into a too small container.