Post 1482 wavetable discussion

thOke

Re: Post 1482 wavetable discussion

Post by thOke »

it happens with every sample, doesn't matter what bitrate it is originally.
Attachments
KickTemplate.zip
(47.93 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
Last edited by thOke on Sat May 18, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

thOke wrote:thx for all the work on the wavetable :D

think i found a bug - don't know if it is related to the latest wavetable modifications:
when i save a file as a template with zipped samples and drop that back into buzz,
the samples are always played back as 32 bit even if they originally had a different bitrate.
forget what i said: its just a bug in the GUI. The slot shows 32bit 2 channels after import of the template, but if you actually click on another slot and back on the original it shows the currect format. i added it to the list of bugs.
EDIT: hmm and the data seems corrupt :)

I'll fix this bug as soon as possible, already looking at it right now.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

UNZ wrote:
thOke wrote:thx for all the work on the wavetable :D

think i found a bug - don't know if it is related to the latest wavetable modifications:
when i save a file as a template with zipped samples and drop that back into buzz,
the samples are always played back as 32 bit even if they originally had a different bitrate.
forget what i said: its just a bug in the GUI. The slot shows 32bit 2 channels after import of the template, but if you actually click on another slot and back on the original it shows the currect format. i added it to the list of bugs.
EDIT: hmm and the data seems corrupt :)

I'll fix this bug as soon as possible, already looking at it right now.
i found (and fixed) the bug, it will work in the next version.
thOke

Post by thOke »

fast 8-) thx
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

--- Build 1486 - Monday, 20 May 2013 21:37:22 UTC
- wavetable stuff by antonio and mtronic:
- fixed data Corruption when you import a template with wavs.
- fixed preview volume slider doesn't show up correctly (was missing in WavetableView.xaml for some reason)
- fixed internal copy paste problem: copy slot, delete slot, paste slot will did not work.
- fixed if a 32bit float wave clips the editor shows it wrapped around: clamp to top and bottom
- Copy / Paste whole slots or individual layers across 2 buzz instances. They also stay around after you close and re-open buzz so you can paste them even after a restart.
- implement paste layer from clipboard (with check for if we need convert the slot)
- copy a layer, paste it to a slot (replacing the whole slot)
bahador

Post by bahador »

It would be so nice if we could have the option to select the imported samples the way we had in the old wavetable, in the new wavetable you can only select one sample at the same time and you don't have the chance to select all or ctrl select them.

Like selecting all imported samples (Ctrl + A) or having the option to choose any amount of samples that you want to delete (Ctrl + clicking the samples) or select a part of the imported samples (shift + click of the mouse to the desired point).

for doing any of the mentioned things we need to press ctrl +w to go back to the old wavetable and select the samples.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

bahador wrote:It would be so nice if we could have the option to select the imported samples the way we had in the old wavetable, in the new wavetable you can only select one sample at the same time and you don't have the chance to select all or ctrl select them.

Like selecting all imported samples (Ctrl + A) or having the option to choose any amount of samples that you want to delete (Ctrl + clicking the samples) or select a part of the imported samples (shift + click of the mouse to the desired point).

for doing any of the mentioned things we need to press ctrl +w to go back to the old wavetable and select the samples.
hm i dont understand: you can shift-select or ctrl-select to import multiple samples to multiple slots (using the upper <<) or to the same slot (using the lower <<). Works perfectly.
bahador

Post by bahador »

Antonio, I meant on the "Name" section for deleting multiple samples, not on the computer side for importing.

Let's say you have imported 15 samples and on your wavetable you got them all under "Name" panel and you want to delete them all (not one by one) that is not possible on the new wavetable (the Name Panel I'm talking about) and for this simple thing you need to switch back to the old wavetable for deleting all or some of the "imported" samples.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

bahador wrote:Antonio, I meant on the "Name" section for deleting multiple samples, not on the computer side for importing.

Let's say you have imported 15 samples and on your wavetable you got them all under "Name" panel and you want to delete them all (not one by one) that is not possible on the new wavetable (the Name Panel I'm talking about) and for this simple thing you need to switch back to the old wavetable for deleting all or some of the "imported" samples.
ah, yes, ok. i'll see what can be done.
bahador

Post by bahador »

Thank you so much antonio. We'll be looking forward to the future builds. thanks again.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

*shakes off cobwebs*

--- Build 1497 - Sunday, 19 October 2014 13:39:54 UTC
- open file location button
- remove dc command
- selection snaps to 0 crossings on command
- select loop command
- commands grouped

the snap to 0 crossings still has some bugs, shouldnt crash, you may just have to manually adjust the loop point afterwards.
IXix

Post by IXix »

mantratronic wrote:*shakes off cobwebs*

--- Build 1497 - Sunday, 19 October 2014 13:39:54 UTC
- open file location button
- remove dc command
- selection snaps to 0 crossings on command
- select loop command
- commands grouped
Cool! :dance:
mute

Post by mute »

UNZ wrote:
bahador wrote:Antonio, I meant on the "Name" section for deleting multiple samples, not on the computer side for importing.

ah, yes, ok. i'll see what can be done.
Yeah...for multiple deletes mostly or target wave replacement (by order of selection). Pretty important. I still switch to the old wavetable to do this...alot.. i replace kits like crack. You can do whole kit replacement in the new wavetable if your kit is in order (doesnt skip slots), but if not you need to switch back and forth.