XI Split issue

synthphase

XI Split issue

Post by synthphase »

I'm trying to use Split to control two midi channels. One exclusively on track 0 (channel 1) and the other exclusively on track 1 (channel 2).

For some odd reason split (version 1.08c) will not obey the "matched" or "single" track settings and track 0 will also trigger track 1 (or midi channel 2) on the target machine.

Am I doing something wrong here? XI I hope you're out there... Love the machine BTW.
IXix

Re: XI Split issue

Post by IXix »

Hi! Split doesn't currently differentiate between MIDI channels for input, I didn't imagine that use case. Although it can listen to all channels, it just hears 'notes' and filters them through the layers, essentialy to split the output of a single MIDI device. What are you trying to do? Perhaps there might be another way.

Having said that, I just opened Split to test it and I'm suddenly feeling the need to make Split 2 . The dialog is tiny and the layers panel is even smaller and doesn't even fill the space it's supposed to :lol: :oops: :roll: but I've got a backlog of stuff I need to be doing.
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

Hey!

Sorry for the confusion, I should have specified I'm using Split for just output. So I'm just trying to have two layers, each sending peer data to one track in a destination machine with a hard-coded midi channel already set on that track (for example Polac VSTi). Not a huge issue really as I can just use two instances of split or two peerchords and it works fine, just wanted to bring it to your attention.

I like the dialog panel! I mean feel free to make it better but I find it to be intuitive enough to get the job done. The best feature of all is that you can use split to trigger a machine that only has a trigger by sending just with the velocity. For super quick 808 basslines..
IXix

Post by IXix »

synthphase wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:20 am I like the dialog panel!
I liked it too when I made it but...

:roll:

Another thing on the todo list, sigh. :lol:

Glad you like it though.
IXix

Post by IXix »

synthphase wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:20 am Sorry for the confusion, I should have specified I'm using Split for just output. So I'm just trying to have two layers, each sending peer data to one track in a destination machine with a hard-coded midi channel already set on that track (for example Polac VSTi).
I'm still not quite clear on what you're doing. Can you post a bmx so I can see the setup?