buzz forums

forums of the buzz
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:40 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 am
Posts: 105
Hi! I don't know if any of you use synthedit but I've made a few synths i would like to share.
The newest one is kruudster. But Funxion is nice with 256 presets ;)

Get them here xenobioz VST


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:59 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:25 pm
Posts: 433
I always try your synths, i think synthedit has now an option for microtuning (mts), but not so many ppls use it, i always ask for it because i use quasi only tunable synths, many commercial plugs have this fonction, but not so many freewares, scala generates .tun for this. It will be cool if you make your machines tunables, western civilisations loose the control of the planet, only tunable synths will survive in the future world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:20 am
Posts: 281
Location: ••• Düsseldorf ••• Made of Light
Thanks! Just went through the presets of kruudster, very cool – and not so often heard – sounds to start with. Thanks again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:57 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:22 pm
Posts: 526
Location: France
ThanXenobioz :lol:
They look very pro 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:51 pm 

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:06 pm
Posts: 161
Two thumbs up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:09 am 

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:29 pm
Posts: 106
Nice job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 am
Posts: 105
Thanks everyone!

Quote:
I always try your synths, i think synthedit has now an option for microtuning (mts), but not so many ppls use it, i always ask for it because i use quasi only tunable synths, many commercial plugs have this fonction, but not so many freewares, scala generates .tun for this. It will be cool if you make your machines tunables, western civilisations loose the control of the planet, only tunable synths will survive in the future world.


Thanks!

I would like to have microtuning, but the only solution I found was using pitchbend and that did not sound good because you got slides in the beginning of the notes. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:07 am 

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:25 pm
Posts: 433
xenobioz wrote:
I would like to have microtuning, but the only solution I found was using pitchbend and that did not sound good because you got slides in the beginning of the notes. :(

Yes, mts is not so good, xen art vsti use this as they are build with synthedit.

Formula for waves and lfo/disto is a very interesting idea, is there a link with a list of (funny) curves?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:29 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 am
Posts: 105
tinga wrote:

Formula for waves and lfo/disto is a very interesting idea, is there a link with a list of (funny) curves?


Yes in the Funxion manual there are some formulas, with one word descriptions of sound or appearance. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:44 am 

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 am
Posts: 396
Cool I was able to get them to load up. Last time I tried one of your synths it threw sem errors.

I really like the sound of these, especially Kruudster. They have the features I've been looking for.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 am
Posts: 105
mridlen wrote:
Cool I was able to get them to load up. Last time I tried one of your synths it threw sem errors.

I really like the sound of these, especially Kruudster. They have the features I've been looking for.


Thanks! I actually started to make VSTIs just because I could not find some features I wanted in other synths.

BTW I updated kruudster. It had a small bug with legato mode not keeping the setting for each preset.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:31 pm 

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 am
Posts: 396
After digging into these, Lektro is my new favorite. It sounds amazing! Funxion seems really powerful, but I don't really understand the math behind it. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:50 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 am
Posts: 105
mridlen wrote:
After digging into these, Lektro is my new favorite. It sounds amazing! Funxion seems really powerful, but I don't really understand the math behind it. :oops:


Thanks!
Lektro was my first VSTI and has a lot of settings. It uses different oscillators (Phase Distortion) that probably sounds better than on my other synths.

Yes, coming up with new functions is really hard. You can still ignore the math by copying functions from the manual or other presets. Also it has an extra bank with 128 more presets.
Instead of functions it would be easier if you could draw curves instead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:20 am
Posts: 105
Kruudster is now updated to 1.21 and comes with 256 presets!

http://www.xenobioz.com/p/xenobioz-vsts.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:20 am
Posts: 281
Location: ••• Düsseldorf ••• Made of Light
Thanks again, Xenobioz.
It's a cool and flexible machine. Get it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Synthedit VSTIs
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:50 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 10:24 am
Posts: 95
These are very nice and also have original sounds.
Good to have the presets, because you can then see the many possibilities.
I love it. Thanks !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group