My Synthedit VSTIs

xenobioz

My Synthedit VSTIs

Post by xenobioz »

Hi! I don't know if any of you use synthedit but I've made a few synths i would like to share.
The newest one is kruudster. But Funxion is nice with 256 presets ;)

Get them here xenobioz VST
tinga

Re: My Synthedit VSTIs

Post by tinga »

I always try your synths, i think synthedit has now an option for microtuning (mts), but not so many ppls use it, i always ask for it because i use quasi only tunable synths, many commercial plugs have this fonction, but not so many freewares, scala generates .tun for this. It will be cool if you make your machines tunables, western civilisations loose the control of the planet, only tunable synths will survive in the future world.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Thanks! Just went through the presets of kruudster, very cool – and not so often heard – sounds to start with. Thanks again.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

ThanXenobioz :lol:
They look very pro 8-)
ags

Post by ags »

Two thumbs up.
elekt

Post by elekt »

Nice job.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

Thanks everyone!
I always try your synths, i think synthedit has now an option for microtuning (mts), but not so many ppls use it, i always ask for it because i use quasi only tunable synths, many commercial plugs have this fonction, but not so many freewares, scala generates .tun for this. It will be cool if you make your machines tunables, western civilisations loose the control of the planet, only tunable synths will survive in the future world.
Thanks!

I would like to have microtuning, but the only solution I found was using pitchbend and that did not sound good because you got slides in the beginning of the notes. :(
tinga

Post by tinga »

xenobioz wrote:I would like to have microtuning, but the only solution I found was using pitchbend and that did not sound good because you got slides in the beginning of the notes. :(
Yes, mts is not so good, xen art vsti use this as they are build with synthedit.

Formula for waves and lfo/disto is a very interesting idea, is there a link with a list of (funny) curves?
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

tinga wrote:
Formula for waves and lfo/disto is a very interesting idea, is there a link with a list of (funny) curves?
Yes in the Funxion manual there are some formulas, with one word descriptions of sound or appearance. :)
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Cool I was able to get them to load up. Last time I tried one of your synths it threw sem errors.

I really like the sound of these, especially Kruudster. They have the features I've been looking for.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

mridlen wrote:Cool I was able to get them to load up. Last time I tried one of your synths it threw sem errors.

I really like the sound of these, especially Kruudster. They have the features I've been looking for.
Thanks! I actually started to make VSTIs just because I could not find some features I wanted in other synths.

BTW I updated kruudster. It had a small bug with legato mode not keeping the setting for each preset.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

After digging into these, Lektro is my new favorite. It sounds amazing! Funxion seems really powerful, but I don't really understand the math behind it. :oops:
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

mridlen wrote:After digging into these, Lektro is my new favorite. It sounds amazing! Funxion seems really powerful, but I don't really understand the math behind it. :oops:
Thanks!
Lektro was my first VSTI and has a lot of settings. It uses different oscillators (Phase Distortion) that probably sounds better than on my other synths.

Yes, coming up with new functions is really hard. You can still ignore the math by copying functions from the manual or other presets. Also it has an extra bank with 128 more presets.
Instead of functions it would be easier if you could draw curves instead.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

Kruudster is now updated to 1.21 and comes with 256 presets!

http://www.xenobioz.com/p/xenobioz-vsts.html
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Thanks again, Xenobioz.
It's a cool and flexible machine. Get it!
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

These are very nice and also have original sounds.
Good to have the presets, because you can then see the many possibilities.
I love it. Thanks !!!