PeerScale: Velocity and Record?

sparschaeler

PeerScale: Velocity and Record?

Post by sparschaeler »

Hi all

I use peerscale all the time. It gives me great Inspiration for new melodies and fragments.

I miss two functions:

1) to be able to record the notes played (e.g. PS controls Qsamo, I would like to record the notes in Qsamo to 'fix' it)
2) It would be nice to have a velocity Parameter as well - it seems that I can't control velocity in a synth while it is being played by PS

Thanks!
IXix

Re: PeerScale: Velocity and Record?

Post by IXix »

sparschaeler wrote:1) to be able to record the notes played (e.g. PS controls Qsamo, I would like to record the notes in Qsamo to 'fix' it)
If it doesn't work already then I'm not sure it's possible.
sparschaeler wrote:2) It would be nice to have a velocity Parameter as well - it seems that I can't control velocity in a synth while it is being played by PS
I could probably add a velocity param without too much trouble. I'll put it on the todo list.
tinga

Post by tinga »

I think another thing is a little bit annoying, peerscale has no note off, in fact peerscale is mono, so a new note cut the last one, but in some setup, with split for example, its different.
About recording, i've no idea :? because i use buzz only in real time.
sparschaeler wrote:I use peerscale all the time. It gives me great Inspiration for new melodies and fragments.
:lol: same thing for me, scales are an important part of human story, many religious and shamanic questions around that. But many scales needs tuning, a slendro or a pelog can't survive in a mathematical system (12 ET).
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

+1 for note off please (maybe just make it 0000, nobody needs a note that low ?)
IXix

Post by IXix »

Note-off is on the todo list but it's a bit tricky. :)
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

It works with a little help of energyXT.
The demoversion will export midifiles like it did before, I guess.
peerscale-recorded
peerscale-recorded
bmx:
peerscale-recorded.zip
(5.27 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
In the bmx:
-open energyXT window to push record.
-play buzz
-export to midifile in energyXT window
-import in buzz again (and convert to patterns)
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

Does anybody know a way to send peerchord's notes to different machines and not to different tracks of the same machine (without adding tracks in peerchord, I mean).
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

vacuum wrote:Does anybody know a way to send peerchord's notes to different machines and not to different tracks of the same machine (without adding tracks in peerchord, I mean).
no, peerchord (unlike peerctrl) can't do this. it would be great if somebody could replace the assignement window of peerchord with the peerctrl one, because the peerlib supports this, the gui just doesn't expose it.
IXix

Post by IXix »

UNZ wrote:peerlib supports this, the gui just doesn't expose it.
Peerlib has no built-in method for handling multiple target machines. Some peer machines were designed to work with multiple targets, some weren't. Adapting PeerChord to send notes to separate machines might be possible but it wouldn't be trivial.
thOke

Post by thOke »

vacuum wrote:Does anybody know a way to send peerchord's notes to different machines and not to different tracks of the same machine (without adding tracks in peerchord, I mean).
did you try to assign peerchord to ix split with multiple layers ?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

IXix wrote:
UNZ wrote:peerlib supports this, the gui just doesn't expose it.
Peerlib has no built-in method for handling multiple target machines. Some peer machines were designed to work with multiple targets, some weren't. Adapting PeerChord to send notes to separate machines might be possible but it wouldn't be trivial.
but then its still implemented in the peerctrl gui. iirc that assignment window was an example implementation of "how to do it in the gui" anyway. i was wondering for years why some machines used a "shitty" version of the assignment window when peerctrl shows how to do it properly...
IXix

Post by IXix »

UNZ wrote:i was wondering for years why some machines used a "shitty" version of the assignment window when peerctrl shows how to do it properly...
You have to code your own GUI, peerlib doesn't have one built in. It has a few helper methods for using some of the simple windows controls (eg. list/combobox) but that's all.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

IXix wrote:
UNZ wrote:i was wondering for years why some machines used a "shitty" version of the assignment window when peerctrl shows how to do it properly...
You have to code your own GUI, peerlib doesn't have one built in. It has a few helper methods for using some of the simple windows controls (eg. list/combobox) but that's all.
but the peerctrl gui is still open source, right ?
IXix

Post by IXix »

UNZ wrote:but the peerctrl gui is still open source, right ?
Yeah, but it's MFC so not much use to anyone using VC Express and also it's not likely to be very relevant to most machines anyway. Probably better to just make your own from scratch. Raw Win32 API is hideous to work with but Win32++ makes it a lot easier and of course new machines can use .NET.

If I had time I'd rewrite all my machines (and all btd's too) to use .NET but time is in short supply these days.
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

thOke wrote:
did you try to assign peerchord to ix split with multiple layers ?
Yes, but,
it's seems only to work more or less like in this example with Split and 3 x Infector while the velocity is un-assigned,
so that the notes that are unwanted have velocity 00:
peerchord-1track-per-machine
peerchord-1track-per-machine
.. but from three notes, one of them is sometimes double, while another is missing :(

The reason for asking was to have 4 instances of joachims tb4005 playing more than
just the default chords of one instance of tb4005.

(I have made a soundfont though, that works pretty good too, when I use with
peerADSR + a nice filter + peerchord + peermeta: tb4004 with more controlledge,
but less control over the pulsewidth. I think it's worth uploading it here maybe.)

(If things seem impossible, it's more interesting to try than
when it's easy, kinda silly motives I have maybe sometimes..)