Pattern XP mod

chahur

Re: Pattern XP mod

Post by chahur »

Added :
Shrink / Expand pattern.

When shrinking, the number of row per beats is multiplied by the factor of shrinking so that no data is lost.

Shortcuts to shrink/expand of factor 2 :
ctrl + alt + SUBTRACT: shrink pattern / 2
ctrl + alt + ADD: expand pattern * 2
esp81

Post by esp81 »

It's working perfectly here, thank you so much!!!!!
rav

Post by rav »

Thanks man, this is great addition to Buzz.

Everything works great with two exceptions: "ctrl + z" and "ctrl + g".
You need to create pattern, which is too long to see it on screen, without scrolling down (or right). After scrolling down (or right), insert some values in the end of pattern and try to use "ctrl + z" or "ctrl + g". With this, Buzz view goes to the first row and column. You need to scroll screen with keyboard or type something to come back to normal view focus. This is pretty annoying :p
It's reproducible on different computer.

Btw, this version have much lesser size than original. Now i see, that redo doesnt work properly too.

Cheers
esp81

Post by esp81 »

It does indeed jump to the first row when using ctrl+g or ctrl+z which is a bit annoying, was it not that way before though? I honestly can't remember.
chahur

Post by chahur »

It was not.
I'll investigate.
The size of the DLL is smaller because I compile in Release mode, not in Debug mode.
About the undo/redo, what action is not redone correctly ? I don't see the problem.
rav

Post by rav »

This view issue is dependent on undo/redo and ctrl+g, nothing more.
chahur

Post by chahur »

New version :
Scrollbar problem should be solved.
Track toolbar (C-copy, X-cut, P-paste, M-merge). Use the buttons at the top left to hide/show the tracks toolbars.
Display params value in hexa and decimal in the status bar.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

The scroll bar problem is fixed, I'm really liking the new track buttons too, I was wrong about them being overkill they are indeed quite useful. Pattern XP is absolutely perfect now!!
rav

Post by rav »

It is working now, thank you for updates :)
Longer descriptions for parameters overlap this new C, X, P, M squares. For example in vsts.

I miss one thing very much, humanization. Maybe is it possible to import algorithm from parameters edit in machine view? I mean, "Randomize (Rel.)" with slide bar (or something else) to adjust.

Other ideas:
- button for adding notes off after notes in opposite to remove notes off,
- "ctrl + w" + "ctrl+shift+w" functionality for notes off only,
- quantisation? :D
esp81

Post by esp81 »

I noticed the longer descriptions overlapping the buttons a few times too, it's not really a huge concern though. I'd rather it be that way than using too much vertical space to make them fit.
The randomization feature would be pretty cool, maybe just have ctrl+r be scalable with a min/max slider or something.
chahur

Post by chahur »

Descriptions overlapping the buttons is corrected.
About humanization, I always use PVSTi humanization, so I don't miss it in pattern.
But humanization in pattern is not very easy to do, because values (velocity for example) can be set in another pattern.
Also, if you randomize the values you want (velocity for example) , you loose the original one and it could be difficult to make another changes after that.
That's why humanizing the playing is better in my opinion.

Adding some randomizing can be done if it can be useful. But it will work fine only if you set values at the beginning of each pattern.

Adding note off : just after the notes except if there is another note there ?
Rotate note off : I suppose it's to be able to shift the note off after adding them. So it must not override the notes.
I can have a look at that.

Quantisation : explain what you mean and how you see that.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

could you add a variant of the .dll / machine that is not named "jeskola pattern xp" so that one can keep the original but switch to this version when wanted (in the pattern editor dropdown). just renaming the .dll doesn't seem to do the trick, i suspect you'd need to change the machine name too.
chahur

Post by chahur »

Sorry, I don't know how to do that.
If the editor is not named "Jeskola Pattern XP", it doesn't show up in the dropdown list.
Oskari, could you tell me what I have to do ? :-)
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

It has to be loaded at startup (gear.xml):

Code: Select all

<Machine Name="Jeskola Pattern XP" LoadAtStartup="True"/>
rav

Post by rav »

I was thinking more about simple version of humanization. Your idea would be good for next peer machine :p
Assume, that "ctrl + h" is for (semi)humanization.
Example:
chahur wrote:Adding note off : just after the notes except if there is another note there ?
Rotate note off : I suppose it's to be able to shift the note off after adding them. So it must not override the notes.
I can have a look at that.
Yep.
chahur

Post by chahur »

oskari wrote:It has to be loaded at startup (gear.xml):

Thank you.
chahur

Post by chahur »

UNZ wrote:could you add a variant of the .dll / machine that is not named "jeskola pattern xp" so that one can keep the original but switch to this version when wanted (in the pattern editor dropdown). just renaming the .dll doesn't seem to do the trick, i suspect you'd need to change the machine name too.
It should work now. Download "alternate".
chahur

Post by chahur »

Added :
"Add note off" after each note in the selection.
Shift up or down all "note off" in the selection.

The "shift up" try to guess "note off" hidden by notes to make them reappear.
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

inb4 you get bored of working on this,

The only gripe I have about PXP is that it has no ability to "copy format" of the columns. So if you do a lot of customization for a new pattern, but then want to incorporate an old pattern, you have to add the same columns again. I often wonder why an old part of a song doesn't sound the same as it used to, only to realize that I started automating more stuff, and then have to meticulously add the right columns and set the values back to what they were.

A simple way to just "copy column format" and "paste column format" would do wonders for my particular workflow.

Thanks, love the mod so far.
rav

Post by rav »

chahur wrote:The "shift up" try to guess "note off" hidden by notes to make them reappear.
This is great :dance:
oskari wrote:It has to be loaded at startup (gear.xml):

Is there a way to add here number of tracks and parameters value like for machine attributes? I tried with no luck.