Pattern XP mod

szaszhareen

Re: Pattern XP mod

Post by szaszhareen »

chahur wrote:
szaszhareen wrote:installed latest vcredist_x64, still get the error "Load Library Jeskola Pattern XP mod.dll failed, the specified module could not be found"

i was careless and didn't rename the original jeskola pattern xp.dll, and overwrote it with chahur's mod. :| anyone have a link to download the original?
If you overwrite PatternXP, you shouldn't have a message for "PatternXP mod" because it is not used.
Have you got the same problem with PatternXP overwritten ? Does it load ?

To reinstall PatternXP original, download Buzz install from jeskola and do the installation.
my mistake, you're right. the error actually says "Load Library Jeskola Pattern XP.dll failed, the specified module could not be found"

so although pxp mod is in the /gear/generators directory, pattern xp mod isn't loaded at startup.

guess i'll reinstall buzz and try the alternate pxp mod installation. :)

and happy birthday pxp mod! :dance:
rav

Post by rav »

Great improvements :dance:

Cheers
chahur

Post by chahur »

Update :

Bugfix
- incorrect base octave in chord expert dialog

Added
- Shift up/down tool button works only on notes. Other columns are ignored.
- Octave selection in chord expert dialog
- Chord expert analyse improved
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Thank you for your constant work, it is a pleasure :dance:

May I express some wishes: :geek:

I am using a dark theme, may be that's why the row numbers are very hard to read since you added the feature to select a whole row. The row numbers are now framed with white lines, that's what makes it so difficult to read them. May be you could implement a parameter to switch those lines off in generell?

And would it be possible to add hide buttons for the top menu bars?
Attachments
PXP row numbers.jpg
PXP row numbers.jpg (13.16 KiB) Viewed 21794 times
chahur

Post by chahur »

Klangkulisse wrote: I am using a dark theme, may be that's why the row numbers are very hard to read since you added the feature to select a whole row. The row numbers are now framed with white lines, that's what makes it so difficult to read them. May be you could implement a parameter to switch those lines off in generell?
Yes
Klangkulisse wrote: And would it be possible to add hide buttons for the top menu bars?
I don't understand what you mean. Could you explain better ?
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Hey Chahur,
may be this makes it clearer.

Hiding the two bars (red arrows) to get a simpler view and gaining a little bit more vertical space for the patterns.
Attachments
Bar.jpg
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Getting quite used to pxp now really like it very useful. Noticed one thing small point if you have a 512 line block when u click on it on the little mini display it reverts to tick one instead of where u clicked it in the block say tick 192. Really handy for fixing errors :ugeek:
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

Would it be possible to alter/increase the width of the graphical column view that appears when you press ctrl+G? It'd be awesome to have a bigger version of it, or better yet, one that could be dynamically resized.

(Or even better again: one where you could draw lines/curves with click and drag!)

Just testing the water; thank you for your excellent work with this :D
chahur

Post by chahur »

etruscan wrote:Would it be possible to alter/increase the width of the graphical column view that appears when you press ctrl+G? It'd be awesome to have a bigger version of it, or better yet, one that could be dynamically resized.
Yes, I can do that.
etruscan wrote:(Or even better again: one where you could draw lines/curves with click and drag!)
Explain what you mean. Is it different to what you have now with Ctrl+Click and Drag ?
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

chahur wrote:Yes, I can do that.
That would be awesome!
chahur wrote:Explain what you mean. Is it different to what you have now with Ctrl+Click and Drag ?
Ctrl + click and drag lets you draw parameter values freehand. I was thinking of graphically-driven interpolation - the user draws a line/curve/spline which is used to generate parameter values.

I don't know whether it's within the scope of your mod, but it could work like this:

(ctrl + g to open graphical column view)
Right-click on graphical column view to enter drawing mode
Left-click in the column to define at least 2 points on a spline
A spline is drawn which goes through the points
Left-click to add points; left-click-drag to move points; left-click then press delete to remove points (the spline is redrawn on each of these actions)
Right-click to exit drawing mode
PatternXP generates values according to the spline curve.

I would offer to help code this but I am a C++ novice (though I really need to learn; this would be a good excuse). I could at least generate pseudo-code or put something together in another language to illustrate my point.

I know that PeerScream does something similar, but only in a separate view/pattern, and not within PatternXP. It would be great to be able to do this within a PatternXP-style view . . .

Just an idea :)
chahur

Post by chahur »

etruscan wrote: Ctrl + click and drag lets you draw parameter values freehand. I was thinking of graphically-driven interpolation - the user draws a line/curve/spline which is used to generate parameter values.

I don't know whether it's within the scope of your mod, but it could work like this:

(ctrl + g to open graphical column view)
Right-click on graphical column view to enter drawing mode
Left-click in the column to define at least 2 points on a spline
A spline is drawn which goes through the points
Left-click to add points; left-click-drag to move points; left-click then press delete to remove points (the spline is redrawn on each of these actions)
Right-click to exit drawing mode
PatternXP generates values according to the spline curve.

I would offer to help code this but I am a C++ novice (though I really need to learn; this would be a good excuse). I could at least generate pseudo-code or put something together in another language to illustrate my point.

I know that PeerScream does something similar, but only in a separate view/pattern, and not within PatternXP. It would be great to be able to do this within a PatternXP-style view . . .

Just an idea :)
OK, I understand. I don't have much time for coding at the moment, but I will remember that.
chahur

Post by chahur »

boombaxx wrote:Getting quite used to pxp now really like it very useful. Noticed one thing small point if you have a 512 line block when u click on it on the little mini display it reverts to tick one instead of where u clicked it in the block say tick 192. Really handy for fixing errors :ugeek:
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. What is the little mini display ?
chahur

Post by chahur »

Update :
- Parameter added to draw row numbers frame or not
- Parameter added to specify the width of graphical fields
- When setting a field graphically, the current row is updated (parameter)
- Button to show / hide the toolbars
- Bugfix in chord detection
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

Awesome, thank you so much! :dance:
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

The graphical column resize works well, thank you for that!

Is there a way to change the default font/font size, or to make changes propagate to every view? The default size is a bit hard to see; it's necessary to change it for each PatternXP/machine instance.
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

. . . it's all good with Buzz build 1501 - much respect to the collective awesomeness :)
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

pardon the possibly silly question:

considering this:
changelog wrote:Chahur's pxp mod in gear_defaults.xml
does this change how to install pxp mod? do we still need to download chahur's mod separately and drop it into gear folder after renaming the original pxp?

I haven't tried it in a while since last time i broke everything by placing the file wrong. :oops:
chahur

Post by chahur »

szaszhareen wrote:pardon the possibly silly question:

considering this:
changelog wrote:Chahur's pxp mod in gear_defaults.xml
does this change how to install pxp mod? do we still need to download chahur's mod separately and drop it into gear folder after renaming the original pxp?

I haven't tried it in a while since last time i broke everything by placing the file wrong. :oops:
No change for the install.
You can download the "PatternXPMod" and replace the existing "Jeskola Pattern XP.dll" (rename it before if you want to save the original)
or download the alternate "PatternXPMod2" to preserve the existing "Jeskola Pattern XP.dll"
esp81

Post by esp81 »

Ever since updating to build 1500+ and latest XP mod I've been getting this error on startup and Chahur's pattern xp mod no longer works:

"LoadLibrary("C:\Program Files\Jeskola\Buzz\Gear\Generators\Jeskola Pattern XP mod.dll") failed.

The specified module could not be found."

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized the problem was that I didn't have Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 installed, but I am now having problems with blank patterns when switching to pattern xp mod in some songs that used previous mod versions, although the pattern data is still showing up in regular pattern xp. Is the newest version of pattern xp mod not backwards compatible with previous versions or something?
chahur

Post by chahur »

esp81 wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized the problem was that I didn't have Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 installed, but I am now having problems with blank patterns when switching to pattern xp mod in some songs that used previous mod versions, although the pattern data is still showing up in regular pattern xp. Is the newest version of pattern xp mod not backwards compatible with previous versions or something?
It should not. No change have been made to the format of the patterns.