Pattern XP mod

mute

Re: Pattern XP mod

Post by mute »

oh kick ass, i clearly didnt update. /me gets new ver.

btw ags, hi, good to see you :)
ags

Post by ags »

I was here all along, on IRC.
chahur

Post by chahur »

Added :
Chord insertion.

You can insert on the current row, the notes (one by track) of the chord selected, with the current note as root.
The generation fills the tracks up to the last one, or up to B-9.
You can limit the generation by selecting some tracks, the generation will stop at the last track selected

The dropdown box is filled with the content of the file "Jeskola Pattern XP Chords.txt".
The structure of the file is :
- one line per chord
Name;NNNN
where N is the distance of each note of the chord from the root note in semi-tone.

The first note is implicitly the root note.
I filled the file with some chords, but it's not perfect.
If someone want to create a better one, feel free to do it ... and send it to me.

Shortcut : CTRL+H
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

chahur wrote:to mridlen (and ...) :
About interpolation, Pattern XP can interpolate in a linear way (Ctrl + I) or in a exponential way (Ctrl+Shift+I).
What kind of other curves could be useful ?
I've attached an image because I'm not sure if I can describe this correctly.

Whatever the opposite of exponential curve (labelled "??") where it increases fast and then slows down. It would also help to be able to adjust the severity of the curvature as indicated by the arrows, bringing it either closer or further from linear.

Again, thanks for all your work on this. The new updates are really quite awesome!
Attachments
LinearExponentialAndUnknown.png
LinearExponentialAndUnknown.png (3.66 KiB) Viewed 15816 times
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

log
tinga

Post by tinga »

Impressive, pattern XP is faster now.
I added some chords, and used the standard notation, maybe it will be useful to add the inversions, the list increase around 60 chords. (i can do it)
The limit seems to be F(9#), but with your new transposition system, chords are very easy to change, great tool :dance:

Code: Select all

Maj;47
m;37
Maj7;47B
m7;37A
7;47A
mM7;37B
m7/5b;36A
Maj9;4BE
m9;3AE
7/9;4AE
6/9;49E
6;479
m6;379
m6m;378
add9;47E
sus4;57
sus2;27
dim;36
aug;48
o7;369
7/9#;4AF
7/9b;4AD
7/5#;48A
7/5b;46A
M7/5#;48B
m7/5#;38A
13;49A
Last edited by tinga on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

Nevermind this post, this link is working now! :dance:
Last edited by esp81 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chahur

Post by chahur »

tinga wrote:Impressive, pattern XP is faster now.
I added some chords, and used the standard notation, maybe it will be useful to add the inversions, the list increase around 60 chords. (i can do it)
The limit seems to be F(9#), but with your new transposition system, chords are very easy to change, great tool :dance:
I didn't test it but i use 'false' hexa. That means you can go up to 'Z'.
Yes, you can do a full list, thanks.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Chahur wrote:I didn't test it but i use 'false' hexa. That means you can go up to 'Z'.
Yes, you can do a full list, thanks.
Great, we have 3 octaves, and what about the number of notes Name;NNNN means five notes, a chord could be 1 3 5 7 9 11 13, ok i can just try :lol:
A tool for chord inversion will be great, anyway the customizable chords list allows all fantasy.
I have to make the list now.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Nice, it works fine for 10 notes, of course multi-machines Pattern XP, is very powerful, chords structure is one of the most complex thing in western music, voicing, interval etc..., this new function in Pattern XP is awesome, guitar chords for example are very specific, and chord structure determine the "color" of a composer, same for pianists, composers, we can have several lists for different sort of compo. 8-)
of course my list is obselete :?
chahur

Post by chahur »

tinga wrote:Nice, it works fine for 10 notes, of course multi-machines Pattern XP, is very powerful, chords structure is one of the most complex thing in western music, voicing, interval etc..., this new function in Pattern XP is awesome, guitar chords for example are very specific, and chord structure determine the "color" of a composer, same for pianists, composers, we can have several lists for different sort of compo. 8-)
of course my list is obselete :?
I can add a way to select the chords file to use.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Chahur wrote:I can add a way to select the chords file to use.
I can't say no, good idea, we can choose between a basic list, classic system, jazz , Brazilian guitar, specific composers, inversions etc...
Thanks for all this great stuff.
rav

Post by rav »

Great updates, thank you, especially for humanization.

In toolbar mode, when cursor is moved without selection, humanize icon is not active, but shortcut is working, so it is not a big deal. Without toolbar it is possible to click on button.
Only a little shame it doesn't work on notes ;)

For the chord tool, would be awesome, if this could work on all selected notes and also on off notes (copy them).
chahur wrote:
UNZ wrote:could you add a variant of the .dll / machine that is not named "jeskola pattern xp" so that one can keep the original but switch to this version when wanted (in the pattern editor dropdown). just renaming the .dll doesn't seem to do the trick, i suspect you'd need to change the machine name too.
It should work now. Download "alternate".
Unfortunately, this option introduces some issues, like:
- no possibility to convert or copy from normal pxp to pxp mod,
- sometimes, when pattern is played and you want to switch to other editor buzz hangs out (from mod to normal and vice versa),
- when you opening file with patterns created with new editor in buzz without this mod, patterns are empty.
chahur

Post by chahur »

rav wrote:Great updates, thank you, especially for humanization.
In toolbar mode, when cursor is moved without selection, humanize icon is not active, but shortcut is working, so it is not a big deal. Without toolbar it is possible to click on button.
I don't understand. Humanization works on the selection. If there is no selection, it does nothing.
rav wrote:Only a little shame it doesn't work on notes ;)
What kind of humanization could be done on notes ?
rav wrote:For the chord tool, would be awesome, if this could work on all selected notes and also on off notes (copy them).
I thought about that but the problem is that you could only select the same chord for the whole selection.
I didn't think it would be very useful.
rav wrote: Unfortunately, this option introduces some issues, like:
- sometimes, when pattern is played and you want to switch to other editor buzz hangs out (from mod to normal and vice versa),
- when you opening file with patterns created with new editor in buzz without this mod, patterns are empty.
The problems of the "alternate" version have been told.
But some are coming of the way Buzz works (copy/paste).
The structure of the file is 100% compatible between the 2 versions of Pattern XP. So saving with one and opening with the other should work fine.
I don't know why buzz hangs out when switching versions. But if it does the same from mod to normal and vice versa, I supose it doesn't come from what I have done. I will have a look at that one day. But it's not top priority.
rav

Post by rav »

chahur wrote:
rav wrote:Great updates, thank you, especially for humanization.
I don't understand. Humanization works on the selection. If there is no selection, it does nothing.
I'm speaking about this single point cursor, when you are using keyboard arrows only. Shortcut works on this type of selection, but icon is blocked.
chahur wrote:
rav wrote:Only a little shame it doesn't work on notes ;)
What kind of humanization could be done on notes ?
Well, maybe this humanization terminology is a little confusing. I'm using this just for "limited randomisation" compared to normal ctrl+r. With this on notes you can produce crazy 303 lines on one click almost :>
chahur wrote:
rav wrote:For the chord tool, would be awesome, if this could work on all selected notes and also on off notes (copy them).
I thought about that but the problem is that you could only select the same chord for the whole selection.
I didn't think it would be very useful.
This could be useful only on some techno chords probably.
chahur wrote:
rav wrote: Unfortunately, this option introduces some issues, like:
The problems of the "alternate" version have been told.
But some are coming of the way Buzz works (copy/paste).
The structure of the file is 100% compatible between the 2 versions of Pattern XP. So saving with one and opening with the other should work fine.
I tried and this doesn't work. It could be solved by auto exporting to normal pxp (or auto importing from mod editor).
I'm speaking here about situation, where you have option to choose new editor, not about option with replaced file.
tinga

Post by tinga »

The 2 first very basic list (tested, normally its correct)
More usual chords
Basic guitar chords
Coming soon jazz chords (with different structure: playing for example a maj7 1 3 5 7 sound good in medium, but with low notes prefer 1 5 10 14)
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Great fun :dance: Bézier Curves :?:
tinga

Post by tinga »

A list for 4 notes chords, guitar brazilian style.
chahur

Post by chahur »

Thanks for your files.
They will be available next update.
I think I should add a param not to duplicate the chord octave by octave.
Your files seem to have chords that don't need to be.
chahur

Post by chahur »

Added :
- Selection of the chords description file to use.
- The chord can be generated only once or up to the last track.
- The configuration files uses by PatternXP are now stored in a new subdirectory : Buzz\Gear\Generators\PatternXP.
- 3 examples of chords files, thanks to Tinga.
You can remove the files Buzz\Gear\Generators\Jeskola Pattern XP Chords.txt and Buzz\Gear\Generators\Jeskola Pattern XP.txt. They are not used anymore.
- The chords description files are named *.chords
- The chords file accepts comments : lines starting with a ";"