videosync

pac

videosync

Post by pac »

updated oct. 29 2014

videosync is a video synchronization plugin for Buzz using libVLC.

download :
http://007ee821dfb24ea1133d-f5304285da5 ... nc_2.2.zip

source (C#) :
http://007ee821dfb24ea1133d-f5304285da5 ... source.zip

Start by installing VLC (or, if you already have it, old versions should work). When first using videosync, you'll need to fill in the location where VLC is installed. Make sure you point to an install of VLC with the same architecture as the Buzz version you are using (32/64 bit).

There is an option to manage the Buzz tempo, so you can automate the tempo while always keeping the video in sync.

Tell me if it works !
Last edited by pac on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
esp81

Re: videosync

Post by esp81 »

For some reason it's not letting me choose the VLC installation path...the box is greyed out.
pac

Post by pac »

I'm not able to reproduce that bug. Normally that box is greyed out when vlc is already successfully loaded and everything is working. I only tested it on windows 7, what's your OS ?
esp81

Post by esp81 »

I'm using Windows Vista... also when I load a video and click to open the video window, Buzz immediately crashes.
pac

Post by pac »

I just tried it in Vista, and I didn't get the problem you described. However, I made some changes that may or may not fix it (see original post). I added a feature to change the VLC output module. The default is "direct3d" (which should be used in Win7+). If it doesn't work, try "directdraw".

And if the "VLC install dir" is actually greyed out and empty at the same time... I'm confused and I can't reproduce this !

If all else fails, try editing Gear/Generators/pac videosync config.xml and inserting your VLC path in the proper tag, like this :
... <vlcpath>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC</vlcpath> ...
Edit the file when Buzz is closed.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

This is running nicely at my first attempt! I only found one little thing not working: The "Speed" setting in buzz that allows you to work in slow-motion is ignored. The rest works well - even skipping around in the song.

Tip: If you encode stuff as XviD and set "maximum I-frame interval" to 4, you will get a video that allows seaking really fast. When you skip into the song and press play you'll see that the video skips to the corresponding position.

Well done! :dance:
esp81

Post by esp81 »

I edited the XML file as suggested, now the path is shown in the grey box, but after loading a video clip it still crashes whenever I click to open the video window. Switching the output modules doesn't seem to help either. :?

edit: Could this have anything to do with me using an older version of VLC (2.0.3)? What version are you guys using?
Shro0m

Post by Shro0m »

Works fine here as well (W7, buzz & VLC x86) :)
I might have found a small bug however? If you set "Step" to 1 and loop it in buzz, pac will just play the entire video. Minimum step length seems to be 2
pac

Post by pac »

Thank y'all for the feedback!
Joachip wrote:The "Speed" setting in buzz that allows you to work in slow-motion is ignored.
Yes, and apparently it's possible to change the play rate in libVLC, so I might try to fix that... Getting the video in slo-mo would be an interesting feature, though not super useful since the sync precision is not perfect anyways.
esp81 wrote: Could this have anything to do with me using an older version of VLC (2.0.3)?
I don't think so, that version should be recent enough. And anyways, you say the box is greyed out before VLC is even loaded... If you get an error message when creating the machine or when opening the GUI, the contents such a message might help me. If it's one of those super long call stack messages, just the first few lines are enough. (however, the error message when buzz crashes completely is generally useless).
Shro0m wrote:If you set "Step" to 1 and loop it
Wow, blast from the past ! I haven't touched the old sequence view ever since the new one came out. "Not even once." I'll see if it's easy to fix though.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

It just says "Buzz has stopped working" and crashes, it happens whenever I click the open video window button, even if I haven't chosen a video file yet.
pac

Post by pac »

update: now uses the sweet new API feature so it's a proper control machine (not a generator).
IXix

Post by IXix »

Thanks. At first glance it seems to work okay. :)
tinga

Post by tinga »

Works fine here, thx for the update.