Renaming Polac ASIO In/Out

Joachip

Renaming Polac ASIO In/Out

Post by Joachip »

Not the most important thing ever, but here's an odd little detail that Shro0m noticed recently, that I just recreated:

1) Create a song using Polac ASIO In or Out.
2) Rename the In or Out machine to something else.
3) Save the song.
4) Reload the song.

Notice how the name has now been reset to "ASIO In" and/or "ASIO Out". Somehow it resets the name.
My best guess it that polac sets the name in the Init part of the machine, which is not necessary. Does anyone else see this?

(I've had a few beers, so I just feel I have to make a short extra announcement: No matter what, PVST ROCKS! No, seriously. It does.)
mridlen

Re: Renaming Polac ASIO In/Out

Post by mridlen »

Duplicated your results. That's kinda weird.
mute

Post by mute »

Intended behavior - This occurs because it is technically "Polac Audio In/Out" and supports multiple output and input types. When the ASIO driver and an ASIO output/input are selected, it names itself to represent which driver is in use. Change your driver to something else and add it and you'll see what i mean.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Mute, that sounds right. - So basically it should be considered a machine that dynamically changes its name.

Let's consider this case closed then.
polac

Post by polac »

The machine name depends on the current selected waveout driver. The machine should work with other waveout too beside the asio one(mme/wdm etc.). However I could disable the auto-renaming if a song is loaded for example or just disable it completely :mrgreen:.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Hmm, now personally I don't rename these machines, and I'm not entirely a fan of the whole structure Buzz offers here, but speaking for a friend who does want to rename these machines, I have a suggestion, but I don't know if it's possible or not:

The machine should rename itself dynamically by default (current behavior) ... but if it somehow registers that the user has renamed it, it should go into "fixed name" mode, and stop renaming itself. This would be the best solution, I think.