New machine: Snowglobe Channel Surfer (was MIDI Manager)

snowglobe

Re: New machine: Snowglobe Channel Surfer (was MIDI Manager

Post by snowglobe »

rav wrote:In some channel select modes, like random single and sequential. Window pops with information about division by zero, if no outs are selected.
Yikes, that's not so good. Probably an easy fix, though.
Sometimes it's possible to trigger not selected output. For example, if n = 0 on modes "take exactly n" and "1 to n". Is it intentional, to act like that?
You mean if n=0 you might get sounds from a generator in the list that isn't selected??
This update unfortunately introduces some bugs:
- sequencing sometimes go right, sometimes left, sometimes in queues like this: 1, 3, 2, 4, 5, 7, 6 (after some changes it goes random also),
- output channels are not always visualized by red dot,
- sometimes some notes are omitted randomly.
hmm. back into the belly of the beast I go, then.
Btw, is it possible to move SnowglobeCore to folder or outside the generators to the Gear folder, like other not loadable modules in buzz?
I've been thinking this should happen too.
rav

Post by rav »

snowglobe wrote:
rav wrote:Sometimes it's possible to trigger not selected output. For example, if n = 0 on modes "take exactly n" and "1 to n". Is it intentional, to act like that?
You mean if n=0 you might get sounds from a generator in the list that isn't selected??
If all 16 outputs are not selected, then it is possible to trigger all selected machines anyway. Red dot appears under unselected Out 1. Try it.

What are you thinking about possibility to reset current step? For example, if you are on 2 output in the sequential mode and there are some outputs after, but you would like to start from the 1 output like on the beginning.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

rav wrote:If all 16 outputs are not selected, then it is possible to trigger all selected machines anyway. Red dot appears under unselected Out 1. Try it.
I never was able to reproduce this. Hopefully you won't see it again. (Same goes for the out-of-sequence stuff, etc).
What are you thinking about possibility to reset current step? For example, if you are on 2 output in the sequential mode and there are some outputs after, but you would like to start from the 1 output like on the beginning.
I added a parameter where you can enter a probability from 0 to 100 that the counter will reset to 0 that tick. Great idea - got some interesting results playing with it.
(Edited to add: I also put the same parameter into Target Practice)
is it possible to move SnowglobeCore to folder or outside the generators to the Gear folder, like other not loadable modules in buzz?
This is turning out to be trickier than I expected, but I'll keep working on it.
rav

Post by rav »

Updates :dance:

I found something new.
Select two outs at least and choose mode sequential by n=0. Window pops after pushing key. If not, try to reset sequence by pattern and try again.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

rav wrote:Updates :dance:

I found something new.
Select two outs at least and choose mode sequential by n=0. Window pops after pushing key. If not, try to reset sequence by pattern and try again.
Yeparoo. :mrgreen:
Fixed, thanks.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

updates bump: 2014-11-27 ** sequential n-sized groups mode; rearrange targets via drag-drop and alpha-sort options
rav

Post by rav »

Great improvements on the list, it's easier and faster to setting it up.

I suppose, that sequential n-sized groups mode is not working properly for this machine. Number of working outputs equals to the number of selected machines.
If all machines are unselected on the list, it's dropping a window.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

rav wrote:I suppose, that sequential n-sized groups mode is not working properly for this machine. Number of working outputs equals to the number of selected machines.
If all machines are unselected on the list, it's dropping a window.
Looks like I must have inadvertantly fixed this issue when re-working SnowglobeCore.dll for a new machine I'm developing.

I've gone ahead and uploaded the re-worked version (including a first draft of the new machine, except that it doesn't do what the documentation says it does yet :mrgreen: ).

There's a new thing in TargetPractice to be aware of: ability to re-arrange targets via pattern. All machines also now have a global note and global trigger, as well as a track trigger. These are mainly for the new machine, but if anybody has any ideas for nifty things to do with triggers in the other machines let me know (right now the global note just mimics a MIDI in note and the triggers don't do anything at all).
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

update bump

2014-12-6B ** toggle target machines on and off from pattern